1/72 Saab 105 Ejection seat

Terry1954

I have a couple of Marivox Saab 105's. I'm trying to find some good information on the type of ejection seats used. I've tried searching the net but can't find anything specific for the 105 or the SK60. Also it seems there is little or nothing in aftermarket seats for this aircraft?

Does anyone know which type of seats these aircraft had, and whether there are aftermarket resin or other seats available in 1/72 scale?

Many thanks in advance.

T

I build one once....and there should be some info here aboit it on BM......

Hope to find it!

The kit one comes with quite good PE... no resin available afaik!

Edit:

http://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/cockpit-saab-105-oe-andreas-strutzenberger/28605807

Linz-03.jpg

http://www.dutchaviationsupport.com/Amap06/Aran-OE/A&D-OE-Impr.HTM

links:

maybe photos show with you...

some here just in case:

IMG_0557_1IMG_3945_1IMG_7749_3_1

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

Hi Exdraken,

Thanks you for these links, they are very helpful. I cannot see the photo's in the original links on here from your original article, but the ones you have posted here are helpful also.

Andre is correct and I realise that my second Marivox 105 has the extra etch, but the one I started on has not, so I must have an original and a newer release.

A friend of mine suggested the seat is very similar to the Viggen, is that true? Also I found something that might suggest it is like that used on the J-29?

Thanks again both for your replies!

Terry

38 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

A friend of mine suggested the seat is very similar to the Viggen, is that true? Also I found something that might suggest it is like that used  on the J-29

Fine that it was helpful in some way.

If you look at the first link

http://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/cockpit-saab-105-oe-andreas-strutzenberger/28605807

You can see the quite flimsy headrest. - different to the Viggen. For the rest of the seat,no idea . For the Tunnan I would say the same....

Good luck with the little bugger!

Not an easy kit definitely!

The seat is very different from that one in Viggen and other Saab aircraft. Some parts are a bit similar to the Draken seat, but most is only used in Saab 105.

Worth noticing is that a number of Saab 105 are four-seaters without ejection seats. A simpler way to build the cockpit... :)

sk60-4s.jpg

• Like 2

The second...? I thought that people who managed to finish the Marivox never wanted to do a second one... :)

I once built a four-seater:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

And here is a picture of the ejection seat. Separate ands are normally not included...

jasmine2.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, that picture of the seats is just what I needed!

Yes, I understand it is a challenge to build, but I like a challenge, and maybe if I do two, I'll get good at it!

I went to your link and saw your builds. In my stash I have a Lansen, a Hunter and a Tunnen (all 1/72) and two Draken's (1/144), all destined to be finished as Swedish, so your pages are very inspirational.

Thanks again Bjorn!

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bjorn said:

And here is a picture of the ejection seat. Separate ands are normally not included...

jasmine2.jpg

WOW!!!!! :yikes:

Excellent photo! Nice seats! Like the hands!  :winkgrin:

I am not sure if this is the original one or the new version. I know that the Austrian AF had the seats changed few years back. At an air show had a long discussion about it with the pilots.

Best regards

Gabor