Tamiya M4 in 1/35 scale.xxxxfinishedxxxxxx

stevej60

On 25/01/2018 at 11:52, Dads203 said:

Pointers for the crew,  There might be something you can draw out of my old build?

Cheer's Dan perfect reference for my attempt!

• Thanks 1

Lovely work Steve. I'm liking the aluminium dry-brushing.

A note on the oil drums.... I found they look rather nice with a gloss finish. Like your pair of helmets, they provide a nice contrast with the matt everywhere else. I figured that oil drums would get oil spilled/leaked on them and they'd get glossy.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Good work on the dry brushing, i always use vallejo metal colours for dry brushing,  if im after a metalic look, they're so easy to use straight out the bottle aren't they, a splash of vallejo sepia wash is another of my faves with metal highlights, looks really good steve

Glynn 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Good work on the dry brushing, i always use vallejo metal colours for dry brushing,  if im after a metalic look, they're so easy to use straight out the bottle aren't they, a splash of vallejo sepia wash is another of my faves with metal highlights, looks really good steve

Glynn 

Cheer's Glynn,stalled at the moment as I can't find anything resembling rope to tie off the stowage even the large habidashery dept at my local store

came up with zilch! I'm off this weekend so will pop into Hobbycraft they might have something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Cheer's Glynn,stalled at the moment as I can't find anything resembling rope to tie off the stowage even the large habidashery dept at my local store

came up with zilch! I'm off this weekend so will pop into Hobbycraft they might have something.

Could you use thin multi strand wire with the insulation stripped off?  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Could you use thin multi strand wire with the insulation stripped off?  

Great thought,I know the missus is forever buying lights for the house that end up in a draw never to be used again.

Got an hour in at the bench tonight and among other job's base coated the tanker,I'm told a good representation of rope is to be found at a local

craft store so hope to pop in tomorrow.

25213088737_7f57dbb801_b.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Your tanker figure is looking rather good alongside your Sherman. The finish on your tank looks impressive in that photo. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stiix,as you know I don't like painting figure's very much so we'll see if he makes the final cut!

• Like 1

If you don't like painting the faces, like I don't, if you have Gamesworkshop nearby see if you can get some Citadel Reikland Fleshshade. It's a wash you paint over flesh painted areas and it runs into the details. Gives a good effect.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

evening folk's,I can add the finishing touches now as thankfully I found a rope lookalike which is actually leather thread only 80p for a metre

so plenty spare for future use.

39392896664_8debd0f65d_b.jpg

• Like 7

Morning folk's I'm happy enough with the finish of the figure now just the flesh tones and detail to add so all being well with the few jobs left on the

tank we could be looking at a Sunday gallery entry.

28386174669_204ce68e9b_b.jpg

• Like 5