Tamiya M4 in 1/35 scale.xxxxfinishedxxxxxx

stevej60

Well that worked a treat!  :coolio:

One minor issue, per discussions elsewhere, the return-rollers were steel and should be OD, however the paint wore off fast so a hit of OD to the centre and some graphite on the wheel rims later should work just nicely (guess who has quite a few 1/72 return rollers to metallicize).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Well that worked a treat!  :coolio:

One minor issue, per discussions elsewhere, the return-rollers were steel and should be OD, however the paint wore off fast so a hit of OD to the centre and some graphite on the wheel rims later should work just nicely (guess who has quite a few 1/72 return rollers to metallicize).

Cheer's Sarge an easy fix thank's for the info!

• Like 1

Thank's for the input guy's now corrected rollers and a dry brush of Aluminium on the  skid's,started the track painting as apart from

a "dusting" once the track's are done I'm about there as far as the lower hull is concerned,one question were the pads on the track's

Rubber or metal?

25757865358_c8232df6ca_b.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

one question were the pads on the track's

Rubber or metal?

Hi Steve,

Nice progress. You're slightly ahead of me as I haven't touched the tracks yet. I have just glossed the complete lower hull assembly though and am about to start weathering.

To answer your question I'd have to see the other side of the tracks, but I assume they are flat rectangular pads, in which case they were rubber.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

Nice progress. You're slightly ahead of me as I haven't touched the tracks yet. I have just glossed the complete lower hull assembly though and am about to start weathering.

To answer your question I'd have to see the other side of the tracks, but I assume they are flat rectangular pads, in which case they were rubber.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank's badder here are said track's base coat painted ready for weathering and detail painting of those outer track pad's.

39633253911_637aeb3a0e_b.jpg

Now I can think of moving onto the upper hull which just pop's on when finished but putting to one side now for a couple of day's as work bekon's!

39633270141_d026ecb217_b.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job Steve, what colours did you use on the tracks.

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

:ditto: :D

Regards, 

Steve 

Thank's folk's I mixed Tamiya hull red with their deck tan,two coats brushed into all the detail,when dry I wiped a just moist(acrylic thinner)cloth

gently across the chevrons to bring back the rubber finish then a thinned black wash(NATO black/water) into the detail and left to dry, brushed

aluminium (almost dry on the brush) along the edges of the track's to finish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Nice work Steve. Is that 'dry brushing' on the bogeys? Looks brilliant. May have to borrow that :whistle:

Many thank's,I have an old flat brush(in fact the wood part's long gone} just for dry brushing the trick is never clean it,just chuck it in the box and

leave it if you use acrylic's,probably not a good idea with enamels!

• Like 1

Hi folk's,little progress this weekend with the next step,quite a few partsin the turret with a complete gun mantle radio etc,I will be

painting the interior although I'm apprehensive about adding the crew as I'm not a lover of figure painting.

24814023977_306e4cc4b3_b.jpg

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That looks great under a coat of paint. And I agree with Ozzy - figures really do add to these AFV projects.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix I,m going to add the commander in the turret,I've got all the handles and light's all fitted ready for primer great to be building

another tank so not really ruling out a second entry later maybe in a smaller scale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Good job Steve, nicely painted bogeys, I like those sand skirts

Cheer's Hewy,gave the upper's a base coat after pre-shading the reccesses in black then on low power a coat of sand,I'm debating wether to

give it a hard edge but in this scale and due to the fact I think the sand would have been an in theatre paint job may leave as is.You

tend to find the gloss coat blend's it all nicely.

38998762644_d9a3d220e8_b.jpg

39681312932_96cbdb2203_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10