Tamiya M4 in 1/35 scale.xxxxfinishedxxxxxx

stevej60

Hi folk's after much deliberation over scales I opted for Tamiya's oldie but goodie,I won,t make a start till February as I,m way behind on my Matchbox GB

build's and I may go with a base and figure's if a little scene comes to mind.

38751535904_de1f812ba0_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

See you in a month or so old chap.....Are you OK for references for this one?  :hmmm:

Thank's Sarge,Just looked at the options and will go for the Italian based scheme as my dad was there 1944-45,be interesting to find photos

of in theatre tank's.

The Tamiya M4 is certainly a classic kit. Plenty of options but has upswept return roller arms from the A3 kit rather than the correct straight arm. However goes together a dream and well worth the money. 

• Like 1

Hi folk's,got a couple finished for the Matchbox GB,so with an almost clear bench had a look at what's in the box and made a start on stage

one and two,I thought I would restrict this build to my weekend's which gives me a couple of hour's when working and a bit longer on my

weekend's off.Box content's.

38627405645_18de18070c_b.jpg

Stage one.

39524487241_90a7afdb5e_b.jpg

And two.

38815627334_8582305a1d_b.jpg

• Like 7

Hi folk's a couple of more stages started,the rear engine deck consists of five pieces.

24675504677_1f64a914fb_b.jpg

And I wanted to try a different approach to the wheel and bogie assembly so the rear section's added first also the wheel's front

and rear including poly-caps.

38834220594_832f06f834_b.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Intresting approach to the bogies Steve.

10 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Steve,

Now that does look interesting way of dealing with the running gear. You have my attention sir....

Regards,

Steve

Thank's folk's I thought rather than paint the wheel's when  fitted I would add them after the bottom hull was painted then add the outerpart's

simply because of the  nature of construction unlike most tank wheels where access isn't as restrictedfor painting ,we'll see how it goes.

• Like 4

Hi folk's just an update on the first weekend's work,the hull base has had a base coat sprayed also the outer's of the wheel assemblies,as you

can see I've painted the wheels and "tyres" ready for weathering.Last job on Sunday was to add the six piece skirt around the upper hull not

fixed into place yet as I want to add the track's and weather the upper and lower hull seperately.

24725818437_6d6811ca79_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job on the running gear Steve, do you use any type of paint mask when doing the road wheels to get none on the tyres?

Thank's Ozzy,no mask's fortunately I've a pretty steady hand,I sprayed the wheels green,painted the outers and during the next stage I'll

dry brush them with the green to get the rim colour back then add a wash,hopefully tomorrow as It's my day off!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1