Bronco: Fiat Topolino, Open Top Civilian - 1:35

Beatea

Hello! This is my second model car and once again I'm shooting for a post apocalyptic theme. I picked the Fiat Topolino because, well, it's super cute guys and it comes with a dog!

BEI9bAW.jpg

The other selling point for me was the open roof, because I'm gonna shove a machine gun in there. I'm trying to go in a bit more prepared, so I treated myself to a copy of the 'Underhaulin' ebook from the Model Junkyard website (here: http://shop.modeljunkyard.com/product/underhaulin-junk-model-car-ebook/) for some guidance on doing more realistic weathering. I also got some much needed tools, a little cutter, some files, a new cutting mat etc. 

I've also been eyeing up some reference material. 

hKvdLzH.jpg

oe8zbGt.jpg

C4PHLPP.jpg

AyW3Y1q.jpg

I seriously love how gross these cars look. Anyway, this is end game stuff, first things first is I need to build this thing.

OK - So I want to put the car into a diorama setting so I picked a 1:35 model because all the diorama bits I found online were the same size. I got a damn cold shock when I opened the box and saw how small all the parts are. Intimidatingly small, I had no idea 1:35 was so tiny (yes I'm a hopeless newbie)! Content warning ahead, this build will suck, you will cringe at how bad I am at this.

Here we go:

L0n0Gia.jpg

I love how the body comes in a wee little box.

eFQFIAL.jpg

Oh God, everything in wonky and covered in glue... I glued 3 out of 4 wheels so they don't spin..ahhhh.

loSidCv.jpg

The photograph is quite forgiving, the myspace angel of the model car world if you will, because from any other angle this engine is real squiff. No wait, it looks squiff from here too. 

1iZOTlb.jpg

Sorry not a clear picture, but I got one 'part' all glued up ready for priming. And this is where I got to so far. Despite the cold rinse of fear I feel every time I have to pick up a microscopic part, I am having a total blast. Thanks for looking in :D 

• Like 4