DRAGON GESCHUTZWAGON 38M fur SIG 33/2

Thanks chap's........I have to admit.....me too😁........put it away in a box and while hunting for something; came across it.  Given myself some issue's with the side wall's being in place, but I'll finish anyway.....see how it looks.

Simon

Hi Kris..and thanks.........I mixed about 75% black Ultimate and 25% grey Ultimate........the lighter areas are a Dunkel Gelb mix of about 70% and 30% white. Then finally pure white, lightly airbrushed at the heart of the major areas. Top coat 4 to 5 thin layers of Tamiya DG.

Simon.

Evening all.....interim update...nearly got it to the final pint job stage and then on the filters and wash's.....need to add the tool clasp's and the interior detail which is ongoing being painted off vehicle to add before the filter stage.......well, here she is.

bYLdTFR.jpg

Qgp8fLI.jpg

g37k7ac.jpg

tKSeIP0.jpg

• Like 3

EVENING ALL......just an update on progress. Working my way over the vehicle in the chipping and shading phase. This one has been a trial, especially the interior as regards chipping and wear detail.....but anyway, here she is so far.

R1MdzUV.jpg

BvaEQMO.jpg

BC2qOI7.jpg

Lkv1n7b.jpg

PlRFa08.jpg

Well, off to cook dinner......maybe later chaps....have a good evening.....:yes:

Simon.

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 4

Hi John, cheers mate.........and yes, everyone seemed to empty their plates.......:yes:

I started to develop a new chipping and scratching method. I'm trying to get the smallest and finest scratch's I can. I still do a little lighter shade of the base colour, but less than on the "Wespe" recently finished. More a "haze of fine scratch's, especially around the service hatch's etc. Then pop some graphite over the top of it to get a polished like sheen.

What I have discovered, the Vellejo painted are still soft for a while. So once the area is chipped and scratched I pass a damp cue tip over it and it softens the brush marks, Leaves a better natural look IMO.......

I'm switching the Steyer the rest of the week.......give this one a break. I think it's good to do that....come back to it fresh....

Thanks for taking a look mate.

Simon.

• Like 1

Fantastic work👏👏👏
You've done very well coloring and weathering.
I particularly like the interior of the car, because many modelers ignore it.
Your interior is really great.
Congratulations

• Thanks 1

Thanks Stips

The interior has been tough due the side wall's in place as I have mentioned previously. I enjoy the interiors as it's a challenge to try and figure out how the crew moved around and for example retrieved the ammo for firing, accidentally scratching the surface due to weight of the round etc. I find the artillery piece itself harder to figure out use, and not go over the top. I'll tackle that next time it makes it to the bench.

Thanks again for taking a look......:yes:

Simon.

Evening all.......interim update.....I decided to plow on and get this one finished. Apart from a few rounds in one corner that need painting and the rear step below the convoy light.....all parts are on that came with the kit. Just the dressing up for things like stowage and side arms etc over the coming weeks as I find them....here she is and should have final paint touch ups done by end of next week......:yahoo:, should then have it in the RFI section.....

Simon.

BgpwGe3.jpg

Tc4wewY.jpg

36fo4Wx.jpg

7OskkCj.jpg

e6J0dvH.jpg

DTVoWGO.jpg

d9YSQS8.jpg

hldyiE1.jpg

• Like 5