Academy 1/48 F-86 Sabre bare metal finish

13 minutes ago, ringo said:

Hi Rene,

I love your F-86 a lot, a real beauty!  I visited the Soesterberg airbase a few months ago and the F-86 on the landing strip inspired me to make the same Sabre... I love the plane and the colour pattern is completely different than the Korean ones so i immediately wanted to make one like that.  I was very happy to find your F-86 as reference but now i am a bit in a doubt.

I made some pictures and did some research and found out that the Soesterberg F-86 flew in a blue-grey pattern so i wanted to make one like that but now i see you made one with a bare metal finish...  Did they flew with the both colours or maybe in a different period?

Thanks!

( here you see one of the pictures i made during my visit )

dijbx91fmk.jpeg

That Sabre has been painted with what looks like ADC grey. Undoubtedly a preservation measure to keep the plane in good condition. All Sabres with a few exceptions were NMF

Excellent work on your Sabre. You make it sound so easy with your NMF

2 hours ago, Threadbear said:

That Sabre has been painted with what looks like ADC grey. Undoubtedly a preservation measure to keep the plane in good condition. All Sabres with a few exceptions were NMF

Excellent work on your Sabre. You make it sound so easy with your NMF

Hi , thank you for your answer but i am not sure that all Sabres were in NMF, i think the Soesterberg Sabres were indeed ADC grey:

fgadtu.jpeg

ldf3bwuq1lry.jpeg

At the last picture you see the difference between the colour of the Sabre and the metal color of the gun part...

• Like 2

Let there be no doubt, the Sabre is very beautifull and I really love the way it's made and how the weathering is applied... So I want to congratulate the artist but I was wondering if it could be possible that there were more schemes or there was

a possible mistake... I want it to be correct but you have to admit that there are pictures of a grey blueish Soesterberg Sabre...

hi Rene,

That's another beauty with a very realistic finish. We can talk models for a couple of days in America as i am bringing the second 4Aviation group out

Looking forward to it

Andy

20 hours ago, ringo said:

Hi , thank you for your answer but i am not sure that all Sabres were in NMF, i think the Soesterberg Sabres were indeed ADC grey:

fgadtu.jpeg

ldf3bwuq1lry.jpeg

At the last picture you see the difference between the colour of the Sabre and the metal color of the gun part...

I stand corrected! Great photos. Makes sense to paint the Sabres given Europe’s climate

• Like 1