What Ozzys done this year

Ozzy

It's taken all year to build, it may have gone up faster if I'd built it myself in a grand designs style.
image.jpg

I've been involved with models for heroes, not having much of a stash assisting I gave my time helping Malcolm Childs @malcchildsat Tedworth house. It's been a very fulfilling part of my year being able to help with such a worth while charity.
image.jpg
I got this for my Birthday, it's the ITALERI kit with troops.
image.jpg
A Matchbox 262 built in the Matchbox GB
image.jpg
An eduard 109 built during the 109 STGB.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Tamiya Mosquito built during the mosquito STGB, it was my fist attempt at spraying the marking using masks. 
image.jpg

image.jpg
Helmuth's strongholds plaster building, built in conjunction with the Panther in a band of brothers Esc dio, that will be finished in 2018.
image.jpg
Tamyia Panther D, with a hay bale camouflage added.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
ITALERI Avenger
image.jpg
A Sherman Duplex Drive tank, built off a Tasca Sherman. I had a trip to Normandy this year which gave me the inspiration for this, I had started the build before I went but didn't know how I was going to display it. So I thought a DD tank would look good. After seeing the price of the resicast kit I thought I would give it a go myself.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Like 14

Good to see your collection for the year Ozzy and good on you for the work you do for Models for Heroes. I thought about your Sherman Duplex Drive tank a couple of weeks back when there was a documentary on the TV which included footage of one of these plus a demonstration of how it works. You really captured the appearance! Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

A nice varied collection you have there Ozzy.

I love the landing craft. Will be great to see that finished. The DD is also fantastic. Helmuths' stronghold is coming along nicely. I must have missed the updates because that's further along than I've seen before. The panther is looking good with the straw. I feel an ambush coming on.

Also, your aircraft are getting better with each model. The airbrushed roundels look good to me. So much easier than trying to do it by hand!

And thumbs up for your charity work. It must be very rewarding. I mean rewarding for the benefactors,:thumbsup::thumbsup: not rewarding, financially, for yourself!

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see your collection for the year Ozzy and good on you for the work you do for Models for Heroes. I thought about your Sherman Duplex Drive tank a couple of weeks back when there was a documentary on the TV which included footage of one of these plus a demonstration of how it works. You really captured the appearance! Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

there still a bit to go on the DD tank, I've got to find 2 1/35 propeller then work on my water modelling. The Models for heroes is going really well @malcchilds manadged to get a table a Telford this year and I manadged to build a Hurricane before Christmas. It's nice to be able to help out and assist where needed during the sessions, or sit back and talk model making as the builds are taking shape.

1 hour ago, Kallisti said:

Weathering on the first one is unrealistic - much too clean :D

Brave man on the Sherman Duplex! Looks good!

Thanks Kallisti,

its suprsingly clean concedering we live on a building site, the DD has been an interesting project I've really enjoyed the build so far and it floated when I tried it in the bath.

31 minutes ago, Badder said:

A nice varied collection you have there Ozzy.

I love the landing craft. Will be great to see that finished. The DD is also fantastic. Helmuths' stronghold is coming along nicely. I must have missed the updates because that's further along than I've seen before. The panther is looking good with the straw. I feel an ambush coming on.

Also, your aircraft are getting better with each model. The airbrushed roundels look good to me. So much easier than trying to do it by hand!

And thumbs up for your charity work. It must be very rewarding. I mean rewarding for the benefactors,:thumbsup::thumbsup: not rewarding, financially, for yourself!

Rearguards

Badder

Variety is the spice of life after all Badder,

the landing craft has been a nice build, the figures are essentially 5 poses reworked with different arm movments and weapons. I'm really happy with the DD tank so far and the Panther went together like a dream. Aircraft are definitely an area for improvement (I think I say that every year), I find the Models for Heroes session deeply rewarding and it's all thanks to @malcchilds who set it all up.   He's put in all the leg work with setting it all up, hopefully we can get the word out even more in 2018.

• Like 1

Hello Ozzy,

Congrats for your models, I really like the DD, if you have a friend that can lease some 1/350 Titanic prop' that can do the job !!

I have measured it for a friend... Soo, just an idea...

Congrats also for your involvement, I really liked such an idea !

I wish you the best for 2018 !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Thanks Ozzy, sorry to say that I've never really gotten involved in group builds as I  feel I can't guarantee being able to devote sufficient time to complete a model by a given date.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Ozzy,

Congrats for your models, I really like the DD, if you have a friend that can lease some 1/350 Titanic prop' that can do the job !!

I have measured it for a friend... Soo, just an idea...

Congrats also for your involvement, I really liked such an idea !

I wish you the best for 2018 !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks Corsaircorp,

Happy new year to you, i have found some brass 1/35 propellers that I may get at some point.

23 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Thanks Ozzy, sorry to say that I've never really gotten involved in group builds as I  feel I can't guarantee being able to devote sufficient time to complete a model by a given date.

No worries Clive, just a thought after your fantastic Grant.

• Thanks 1

On 3 January 2018 at 21:36, Natter said:

Nice builds, the Mossie is my fave; with all the rest a very close second! 

Thanks Dave,

i really enjoyed building her, and it was the first time I used paint masks for the insignia. I had a colourful aircraft as I was building up the colours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 January 2018 at 16:41, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great collection of builds :goodjob:

Thanks Dennis,

it was only when I started putting these photos together, did I realise how much I'd done.

• Like 1