Revell and Mobius Battlestar Galactica Kit

The Revell kits supposedly have better decals compared to the original Moebius releases.  I've only got the Moebius versions as those are cheaper in Canada versus the Revell re-boxed ones.

Carl

I bought the Revell boxing a couple of years ago for 16.6 Pounds when compared to the Moebius Models kit that was being listed at 42 Pounds both available through Hannants at the same time. When I purchased the kit, if I wanted to buy the Moebius Kit locally they wanted about $120.00 in aussie dollars, but cost me around $50.00 fron Hannants.

All the Revell BSG kits are reboxed Moebius with Revell decals.  

Moebius us are a US manufacturer so attracts some hefty import duty if bought over here (UK) whereas Revell are European so no duty, for now!

On 1/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, Caerbannog said:

I seem to recall that the Moebius Viper had a resin pilot, while my Revell kit has an IP one. Otherwise the plastic should be the same.

I have the Revell boxings of the MK II anfd MK VII vipers. If I recall correctly, the MK II comes with a resin pilot but the MK VII comes with an injected moulded one.

The fact that Revell probably just buys the sprues from Moebius and produces their own decals and packaging and the Moebius kits are imported probably reflects the price.

The Revell boxings could be found even cheaper a few years ago in the Modelzone sales.

This build video on youtube gives you an idea of what can be achieved with this kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzebuHsm4o

Hope this helps,

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I bought both and built the Mobius version. Nice kit, very nice pilot, but the decals are garbage. Bought the Revell kit just for the decals. The pilot looks ok, but I didn’t really look that hard at it. 

Because the Mobius decals basically disintegrated, I bought JT Graphics decals but they are very thick and had poor resolution, so my two cents are if given the choice, I’d buy the Revell kit.