1/72 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by PM Model (Revell plastic) - released

Homebee

PM Model from Turkey has just released a 1/72nd Lockheed F-104G Starfighter kit - ref. PM504

It is reported to be a reboxing of the Revell kit with THK decals.

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1439843012919029/permalink/2022504277986230/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/172688216588006/permalink/290633741460119/

26166952_2107991509216200_75945186256652

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Without going into the stash and checking one of the Revell kits there, it certainly has the look of one of theirs, quite a respectable kit too.

Like Steve, I thought PM had shut up shop after the original owner died, I wonder who's running the show now?

• Like 1

As I can't read Turkish, I tried to follow the thread on Facebook using the automatic translator and the Revell origin is confirmed. Of course a quick look at the picture above showed it's the Revell kit (that interestingly is in Revell's list of rereleases for 2018 after having been unavaible for quite some time). This is quite a good kit, IMHO slightly inferior to the Hasegawa one but still very valid

From what I've understood of the various messages, the kit is available in some shops in Turkey and maybe directly from PM, wonder if this will also be exported. Looks like PM is restarting production, in another thread the owner of the FB page mentions more news in the future and that they don't have a UK distributor yet... in any case there seems to be a future for this company

Does anyone have an idea about who printed these decals? The RoG kit is pretty good and I would not say no to a Turkish '104, but the few experiences I had with PM's in-house decals of old do not inspire much confidence.

Cheers,

Andre

4 hours ago, Hook said:

Does anyone have an idea about who printed these decals? The RoG kit is pretty good and I would not say no to a Turkish '104, but the few experiences I had with PM's in-house decals of old do not inspire much confidence.

Cheers,

Andre

Andre,

Any of these any good to you...

Tigerhead 72009

Tigerhead 72010

Tigerhead 72025

For anyone who still doubts its  the RV kit, heres mine which I have to say is exquisite, festooned with super delicate detailing and small amounts of tiny recessed rivets. The myriad tiny lights around the rear fuselage are beautifully done on the clear sprue 

sprues.jpg

The bad news I was going to fleabay this as a rarity... @Procopius, surely this is Karma for my mocking of your soon to be de-valued RV Hunter stash.

A

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Does this signal  rebirth of PM, I thought they disappeared when the original owner passed away?

Steve.

That's what I thought too.  Still, good news.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...