1/32nd B-26 Marauder - RESIN2Detail - full kit

Radleigh

Thanks Radleigh !

Thought I would post some progress pics for our 1/32 Full Resin Kit of the Martin B-26 Marauder! 90% of the main profile shapes and associated parts have been fleshed out; still a long way to go, but far enough along that I wanted to share with everyone to gauge interest .... The "widow maker" has one of the nicest art-deco streamlined designs produced by the USA during WWII. There are virtually no "flat" surfaces anywhere -- curves abound 1f642.png:-) Anyway, hope you like!

B26.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Very interesting! But it will weigh a tonne and cost more than the Crown Jewels - still, I'd love to see one built-up. So Neil, do you feel up for that? I have to agree that the Marauder was a good-looking aeroplane. I'm still waiting on my 1/32nd scale B-36, though!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Excellent news and one of my favourite WWII designs to boot, one beefy looking hot rod of an aircraft. All that lovely aluminium to paint or foil!

But it will weigh a tonne 

it'll certainly be a sizeable piece, my old Sturmorak. With the latest resin tech the newer kits, even the big ones tend to be lighter now and  I imagine it'll be hollow cast...I think you might be right regarding the crown jewels though! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fresh news

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/761546760702745

It's been about a month since our last post -- I wanted to provide everyone with an update on the B-26 kit project. Overall, I am very pleased with how the project it is progressing! The next update will showcase further progress on the Cockpit/Navigator areas and possibly Bomb Bay. I am shooting for a May 15 launch date but since there are a lot of variables in play, that date is only tentative at this point .... Anyway, hope you like!

No automatic alt text available.

V.P.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/905735252950561?__xts__[0]=68.ARDbzs_NfTPbRlBXLO6fTCQFmmIt3E4YtpMW9cPt0VD7lSf_fIg3FKAXehYswXU_icjEu0YFizcmMSTDwEty2ugUhQ9hxvdlA9n48wdWt7YVOaYCpkSFFh0XWgXzTEkfgjIbxN5RjQR7uk-LM-ImDkPv_YLjSNjhQAYZ2Q-WjVf6-zZVoAxu&__tn__=-R

It's been a really long time since I've posted any kind of update on the B-26 kit .... I've had my head down casting orders, but wanted to step away for a second to post a teaser wire-frame render of the fuselage; Radio Room nearly complete with the Bomb Bay area(s) up next! Since this is truly going to be a top-shelf multi-media kit, I chose to model and include virtually every piece of hardware, in detail. Stay tuned for additional progress shots and release information :-) Hope you like

41488605.jpg

41639107.jpg

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh news

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/photos/a.534367490087341/910519892472097/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/910530082471078?__xts__[0]=68.ARBQgTdDO8dp-uXwyl79Mn-LZ6W0MeNyYpta0u0hnOSFngYUSAGXk9-QOil7jqNpyjTvh2XwwDqoioKXNNvjmevGpJ6XQ3vj2pyZEUwAbfJjyzVPKBFJbo0B6ln2B2xMISjA4eXV6vv9H2kOcaTa-NfsuxVbUBhOJUrt2y5s9i30QZMiqJlf&__tn__=-R

A little sneak peek of the 1/32 B-26 exterior -- work continues on refining the panel lines & rivets along with interior bomb bay work; Next week begins the tail section of the fuse which will be really fun to see take shape! Stay tuned for more screenshots and project updates :-)Anyway, hope you like - Brian W

42217618.jpg

One last post for today ... wanted to provide 3D views (true renders as opposed to wireframes) -- beginning to really take shape :-) Hope you like, Brian W

42262245.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh news https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/917892358401517

Making good progress on the 1/32 B-26 kit; these shots show the bomb bay assembly (forward bay); still some work to be done, but moving rapidly towards the tail section of the fuselage which contains the Martin upper turret, waist gunner positions and tail stinger!

All the parts are keyed with alignment pins and sidewall detail is a drop-in piece as opposed to separate ribs, etc., to ease the construction process (similar to what you see in the renders for the new Wingnut Lancaster kit, coincidentally). Some of the detail will be more apparent once I post some exploded view/ instruction type photos at a later date. Anyway, hope you like; bye for now, Brian W

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/923497211174365

A picture is worth 1000 words -- so here are 2 new progress shots of the 1/32 B-26 Bomb Bay which is nearly complete. The rear bomb bay will be more sparsely appointed with only spars, aux. fuel tanks, ammo boxes (for waist gun, catwalk and bulkhead detail) so will hopefully be able to make quicker progress on that section. It was very rarely open and hidden most of the time in any event.

The forward bomb bay is easily the most complex assembly in the kit, not only from a fit / alignment standpoint, but also due to the sheer number of components (e.g. detail) But I didn't want to sacrifice fit in the name of detail or vice-versa - -oh!, the designer's perpetual dilemma 🙂

Not all of the components were easily visible due to the number of parts the block other parts. But, all of the major components are there (or will soon be) -- hydraulic accumulator tank, reserve tank, pressure valve, lights, rivets, spars -- you name it.

I guarantee that this is going to blow people away when it is printed and viewable in person! And even more so in the hands of skilled modeller who can paint and weather it for scale shadow, etc.!!

44366871.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Source: http://resin2detail.com/1-32-b-26-kit-update/

Posted on September 13, 2019 by [email protected] — Leave a comment

1/32 B-26 Kit Update

Assem2-11-MOD.jpg

I decided to toggle back to one of my full kit projects that has been in the works for some time. I plan on releasing other kits after this one, but they are likely to be less expansive. Some of the pipeline are 1/32 scale kits; most are 1/48, many are detail sets and/or conversions. Nearly all of them will be almost entirely 3D printed.

I think you will like what projects are coming — I will be posting details as soon as I have the projects more or less locked down.

Since I am moving to full-time employment outside the home, I will not have the time necessary to dedicate to projects like the B-26 for the foreseeable future.

OK, this is where things stand on the 1/32 B-26 Marauder project. I am just about done with the bomb bay (which is truly a kit in and of itself) – only a few small details to add. Next, my plan is to move onto the rear bomb bay (not planning to spend too much time here), and then to the waist gunner stations and upper turret. I have a feeling that I will be in this section for a while ;-). The good news is that the wing stations do not require much work and much of it is already done (including a good portion of the P&W R-2800 Twin Wasp Radial engine).

Thanks for looking!

V.P.

• 2 years later...