One Tiny Snubfighter! (Revell X-Wing)

Happy New Year BM's!

May I present, one Revell X-Wing in 1:112 scale:

IMG_1823.jpg

This ones been sitting in my stash for a while and I decided I needed a nice quick and easy build after wrestling with a 1970's Airfix He 177 for the past for months. This is a great little model, the kit is pretty basic and can be built without glue or the need to paint the entire model, only picking out the different colour panels and using the decals. It's very detailed for the scale and very easy to put together. Some minor criticism; the s-foils can only be modelled in the attack position, there is no option to build with landing gear and also, no stand supplied, so I'll have to construct my own. 

Some more pictures for your viewing pleasure! Critique always welcome and hope you enjoy. Cheers, JB

IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg
IMG_1826.jpg
IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

Obligatory scale shot, she's tiny!!
IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg

• Like 13

On 01/01/2018 at 8:06 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice Red 5 👍 

This is Red 5 I’m goin in! Thanks CFFU

On 02/01/2018 at 8:50 AM, Hunter Rose said:

Nice paint on such a tiny x wing, looks great!

Thanks 😁

23 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

very nice and dinky - lovely smart paint job too, - convincingly of ILM's standard

I know all too well how small this kit is as I had to help my nephew assemble the very same yesterday morning

That’s a great compliment, thank you!

21 hours ago, crumper said:

Didn't realise how small she was till I saw the scale shot, she certainly is a thing of beauty.

Thanks Crumper, it’s very detailed and certainly gives 1/72 models a run for their money!

Mmmmm, nice. I've got this kit in my stash and was planning to start it soon for practice, maybe get a couple more if it goes well. I tend to write off snap together kits as undetailed and more like 'toys', but this looks stunning. It's nice to see the results that cam be achieved.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...