Dragon M4a3 105mm

Joss

Just before finishing I had a daft idea to use arcylic texture gel to try make thick mud put it on and it doesn't look very good at all. I've washed most of it off but some has set hard not , so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Tempted to just leave it at that and add her to the shelf now as she is more or less done. Not happy but might chalk it up to experience...

Regards 

Joss

• Sad 1

Hi Joss. That is not good news. There seems to be a bit of a spate of finishes going not as intended in this GB recently.

If you can get hold of any Mig Mud or Vallejo's Mud products - could you disguise the probem areas? Do you want to post a couple of photos so the AFV experts on here can see and offer advice?

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Joss. That is not good news. There seems to be a bit of a spate of finishes going not as intended in this GB recently.

If you can get hold of any Mig Mud or Vallejo's Mud products - could you disguise the probem areas? Do you want to post a couple of photos so the AFV experts on here can see and offer advice?

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix, thats a good idea. I'll post some photos later to give some idea. It looked good when it was wet but has dried and looks really out of scale...

Joss

On 3/13/2018 at 23:15, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Don't panic fella, tanks got into all sorts of odd situations, you'll find 'em festooned with everything from building rubble to mattresses, often on the same tank!  :D

Between us we'll find a way!  :coolio:

Thanks sarge! That's reassuring to know! 

On 3/17/2018 at 07:37, Ozzy said:

Looking very nice Joss.

Thanks Ozzy it looks ok in the old pictures but the new stuff :shutup:

Joss

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement fellas, im calling her done now here's a few photos;

IMG_20180322_123821

IMG_20180322_123826

IMG_20180322_123854

IMG_20180322_123928

IMG_20180322_123751

IMG_20180322_123936

She's not great but it's done and I can learn from it so thanks for a great GB and all the encouragement. I shall be making more tanks on the future I think!

Regards

Joss

• Like 3

Hi Joss. Great to see it finished and in the gallery - and it looks excellent!! You have done an amazing job with the paintwork and weathering! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 13:14, PlaStix said:

Hi Joss. Great to see it finished and in the gallery - and it looks excellent!! You have done an amazing job with the paintwork and weathering! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, much appreciated I enjoyed building here but still think I have a long way to go! I'm currently building an m5a1 to test and expand on new techniques! (I've got the bug now haven't i?!)

All the best Joss

Edited by Joss
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 14:11, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great work on your Sherman 105 :thumbsup:

Thanks! Glad to get her done and I did enjoy it! Looking forward to the other tank GBs now!

All the best Joss

On 3/29/2018 at 11:42, Sgt.Squarehead said:

She looks damned fine to me, your weathering turned out really well.....HVSS Shermans always look extra meaty and that 105mm makes it look even meaner IMHO:coolio:

Thanks sarge! It looks ok in the photos but I know not to use that acrylic gel! Just learnt the hard way, haha! There is something about the hvss thats pleasing to look at as you just just meaty and just looks like a bit of a brute!

Thanks for hosting this GB and all the best 

Joss

• Like 1