Mike's Output - 2017 was an odd year

Mike

Without further ado, I give you:

nothing.jpg

I started the year with good intentions, but despite starting a few kits, I still haven't managed to complete a single one.  The site's taken up a lot of my time in my defence, but I've also suffered from a bit of early departure of my mojo, but I'm resolved to complete SOMETHING this year (2018), even if it's just my little Swedish J-22 and some Bandai Star Wars kits.  Happy New Year to you all, and keep on enjoying your modelling ^_^

• Like 9
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 4

At least you have a rather impressive mammoth Sea King build to show for it... all I've got is some sorry lookin' unpainted and part-assembled airframes :shrug:

The blue is the wrong shade.....

Many thanks for your continued nursing of the site though - I didn’t realise how labour intensive it is and it sounded at times as if it was a full time job.

Trevor

• Like 1

Cheers Trevor - it can be quite time consuming at times, especially with my health limiting my time in the workshop, but I still enjoy it, so it's all good ^_^

2 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Hope your mojo returns! Hope mine does, too :D.

Ditto, although mine never goes, it just kind of tells me I have reviews to do, and email providers to unblock :frantic:  Oh, and the crash of one of my NAS drives the other day was a bit time consuming too.  Transferring 7TB of data over the network isn't fast :tired:

• Like 1

Thanks for the New Year chuckle, Mike. I've just decided to abandon today's building (working on a 32nd scale Lynx) and chill out for a bit before I return to work on the morrow.

Your stewardship, care and guidance of the site is always appreciated and I hope that your mojo returns real soon.

Kev

You build models as well Mike?

Oh... I thought you were just the tech bloke :shrug:

(now before profile 'mysterious' disappears... Mike, you are a Star! Keeping this site going and all the ruffians there within, dealing with life as well and running that strip club, its no wonder you didn't build anything :)

May your knives be sharp and your glue sticky in 2018 :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, modelman182 said:

Your stewardship, care and guidance of the site is always appreciated and I hope that your mojo returns real soon.

Cheers Kev - as it happens, I've just been noodling a bit of colour modulation on my J-22 while the wind blows a gale outside the workshop.  The ladders have fallen over again too :owww:

28 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

You build models as well Mike?

Oh... I thought you were just the tech bloke :shrug:

I am a man of many hats, none of which suit me but I wear them anyway ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Without further ado, I give you:

nothing.jpg

I started the year with good intentions, but despite starting a few kits, I still haven't managed to complete a single one. 

That's a lovely shade of blue Mike, but is it the correct BS shade for the period?:D

We're both in the same boat I think, so welcome to the Doldrums. Let's just hope for a more productive year. At least you've got the cast iron excuse of running the site and keeping this motley crew together. Well done for that and here's to a better year in 2018.

• Like 1

That made me smile! But it needs a couple of red lines, surely?! I know exactly how you feel...but, BUT just look at the community you're building on this site; I (and I'm sure many others) would be lost without it. Best wishes for 2018.

14 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

That made me smile! But it needs a couple of red lines, surely?! I know exactly how you feel...but, BUT just look at the community you're building on this site; I (and I'm sure many others) would be lost without it. Best wishes for 2018.

Thanks for that, and for the other nice comments about the site from the others - it really does mean a lot ^_^

Thanks Mike :D, now I do not feel so bad. 

Christian, exiled to africa

P.S. Is that the correct shade of blue...?

Thanks for your self-sacrifice Mike, you are a true benefactor of modelling kind.

If you think of the positives: I'm sure your modelling related injures are well down on previous years, although I should imagine that you would probably happy substitute the stress and hassle for the occasional scalpel slip.

I hope to see at least a FFVS J-22A on your 2018 yearbook. 

2 minutes ago, Gorby said:

I hope to see at least a FFVS J-22A on your 2018 yearbook. 

That's a definite maybe - I'm just mixing up some paint for the topsides, so unless I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, there should be at least one for next year :)

Hello Mike !!

Hope that 2018 will see some models gettin' out !!

At least I wish you and your family the best for this new year !

Thank for running this happy band of.. How'd you say it Steve ???

Strip club, so we are in 50 shades of blue ???:P:P

Thank again !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

:thumbsup: yerself ^_^ Re: the J-22, the blimmin' canopy has cracked again (must remember not to upend the thing, as vacform canopies are flimsy), so I've had to fix 'er again.  Maybe paint tomorrow? :shrug: