IS/Da'esh Modified Armour

Kingsman

I came across this site while looking for something else, as you do.  Not wishing to spark any debate about the rights and wrongs of the faith, ideology, legality of the conflicts etc etc, there are some interesting modelling ideas in here.  It appears that IS was able to operate an AFV repair and overhaul facility in addition to producing the various improvised AFVs and VBIEDs we have most usually seen.

http://spioenkop.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by Das Abteilung
spelling
  • Like 4

I really like the tank in a frame covered with leather or fabric strips, allegedly as "multi-spectral camo".  But unless it's IRR it isn't fooling anyone ..........  And let's not even think about concealment - or maneuvering in urban areas.  Not to mention that turning a tank into an enormous square object doesn't exactly make it inconspicuous.  I suppose it could pose as a building from a distance!

But what a good way to rescue an old Trumpeter, Esci/Italeri, Skif/UM or Lindberg T-55 kit.  All you can see is the gun barrel (after market) and the bottom of the track and wheels.  Multitudinous sins well and truly hidden........

I wondered about the leather coverings too. However the article did say that none have appeared in air attack videos althoughcould be many other reasons for this. 

I had no idea that IS was so well organised as to have a tank repair facility. 

Certainly some interesting build ideas here.  no real impossible build for that theatre so long as you base you model

on a t55 or t72! 

• 2 weeks later...