From Failure to Failure

06/24

4 minutes ago, Harley John said:

Nice work and a good save on the canopy. Camo looks very good. Is it the Italeri Hercules you're after?

Blimey that Bisley is one ugly beastie!

Got to say Jamie's post ref. Airbrush's made a load of sense and should I ever bite the bullet and purchase the work of the Dark Lord it'll be his missionary work that helps swing it!

Strange!y quiet from Canada!!! Eh!

Thinking maybe an Airfix Herc, neither is perfect, but then what kit is? My dear old Dad built me an Airfix Herc when I was a kid, loved that model, but eventually it succumbed to one too many para drops over enemy territory (my little brothers bedroom :) ). 06/24 minor also has a soft spot for Albert, after being surprised by a pair on a low level sortie over the Scottish Borders. Local Hobbycraft has the Italeri one for £45 so any alternative needs to beat that for price.

Think I'll wait until I see how the bargain Nimrod turns out before buying another massive kit.

Other sources suggest PC has found Canada to his liking...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

Did you get any more seaplane footage?

Of course!

1 minute ago, 06/24 said:

Revell do a twin otter don't they? Maybe ex-matchbox I think?

Don't tempt meeeeeeee!

• Like 3

I recall our latterly missed miss Debs had kinder words to say* about the Airfix Herc than the more easily found these days Italeri ones

My own disenjoyment of the Italeri stable may be biassing me here I concur

Every time I see a Twotter kit, unsullied at shows I feel powerful urges to overthrow my stash reduction scheme

The canopy save seems to be absolute, well returned 06/jon

Kindness or sycophantics not being her speciality subject on Mastermind

• Like 3

I seem to recall Debs saying much the same, which is a big vote for the Airfix in my book. I suspect what Debs didn't know about Albert isn't worth knowing. I don't know the reasons for her absence from these parts, nor are they any of my business, but our Hercules knowledge is poorer for it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Revell do a twin otter don't they? Maybe ex-matchbox I think?

They do indeed. It's wheeled on the box but has the floatplane version inside. 

resized_476f365c-0023-4a4a-832d-aaf43ba0

And the the one I was lucky enough to fly in last summer

resized_61b2fd36-4545-452e-beee-b3b571f1

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Harley John said:

Blimey! I think my one may be heading for Ebay at that price!!!!!

I'm sure I could find one cheaper, but it feels like a reasonable benchmark for what I'd be willing to pay

• Like 1

Meanwhile, having survived my man flu in January, I am now laid low with a sinus infection. It's been building for a couple of weeks, but has reached the stage where peering at tiny model parts makes me dizzy, while my face feels like it's swelled up like a pumpkin.

So no modelling update today, but hey, nothing new in that then!

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Still seeing double and feeling like a pumpkin, but have managed to order an airbrush from Modelling Tools (only one I hope!). So while not exactly productive, nor has today been a total waste. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Still seeing double and feeling like a pumpkin, but have managed to order an airbrush from Modelling Tools (only one I hope!). So while not exactly productive, nor has today been a total waste. 

What did you Plumb for?

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 8:08 PM, 06/24 said:

Thank you. So do I, it's boring not being able to concentrate and focus on anything, plus the antibiotics mean I'm in for a dry week!

Hope you're OK for the rugby come Sunday. These 6 weeks are when the modelling takes a back seat to the 6 Nations for me. Only getting to games this year unfortunately. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 825 said:

Hope you're OK for the rugby come Sunday. These 6 weeks are when the modelling takes a back seat to the 6 Nations for me. Only getting to games this year unfortunately. 

After the drubbing inflicted on us last Saturday, I'm not sure how to view the rest of the Six Nations other than with a great deal of trepidation! I think Townsend has the potential to become a great coach I just worry the SRU have punted him into the job too early to stop him going to an English club side. England looked awesome, Ireland ground it out & I fear that Italy and France could do us! Somebody pass me a very large drink!

Apologies for thread steal Gents. o 

• Like 3