Small Wars GB - 2 more names required

Col.

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If the SCW GB gets through it would actually be SCW GB II.....I was in the first one and I actually finished something:

407145742.jpg407145743.jpg

You're right and what's more well done!  Is that a T-26? 

Wez (well aware he's showing his ignorance of all things tracked...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I just thought the idea was of a small wars GB, not obscure objects GB. If you want one, put one up. It's that simple. V-P

Completely agree, which is why I think it's best to stick with the excluded conflicts list as it is and have anything else be fair game, regardless of whether it's from the armed forces of a major power or happens to be a well-known piece of equipment. If the point is lesser-known conflicts, it doesn't matter if those conflicts were fought by the British Army, or by F-16s in Egyptian One camouflage...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wez said:

The original proposer for the SCW GB @TonyTiger66 didn't ask for the GB to be re-submitted for the poll last year having just missed out on it the year before.  Unfortunately Tony has been quite ill and hasn't been of the forum since the end of last November, I do hope he's alright.

FWIW @Antoine was canvassing to see if there was sufficient support for a SCW GB, given that 2019 will commemorate the 80th anniversary of the end of the SCW it's surely a worthy inclusion in next year's GB's in its own right!

Here the linky to SCW GB topic.

As for my own point, I was looking at an alternative way to put this GB on track, that is making it unofficial, but it seems that I'm preaching in the wilderness...

• Like 1

I believe we all know what a "small war' is. And I think we all know what kind of subjects are being looked for, eg: Katangan De havilland Dove,  Rhodesian Allouette chopper, DC 6 Red Cross Biafran conflict. If not sure ask, yes or no.

Lets not try and re-invent the wheel. We're all getting older and modelling time is running out.

Thanks for listening(I hope)

Paul

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 2:02 PM, Antoine said:

Here the linky to SCW GB topic.

As for my own point, I was looking at an alternative way to put this GB on track, that is making it unofficial, but it seems that I'm preaching in the wilderness...

Do you feel a place within this GB is a suitable alternative Antoine?

9 hours ago, Pauly Boy said:

I believe we all know what a "small war' is. And I think we all know what kind of subjects are being looked for, eg: Katangan De havilland Dove,  Rhodesian Allouette chopper, DC 6 Red Cross Biafran conflict. If not sure ask, yes or no.

Lets not try and re-invent the wheel. We're all getting older and modelling time is running out.

Thanks for listening(I hope)

Paul

Well put Paul :lol: Can I add your name to the list?

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup, let's stop dithering and start recruiting.....Names are what we need!  :frantic:

Sounds a good plan :thumbsup: 

I'll rewrite the first post soon to better reflect what our GB is about and hopefully draw more participants as we are only half way towards the minimum required so far.

18 minutes ago, luis pacheco said:

Operation Urgent Fury is allowed in this GB ?

Yes it is. Do you have a particular subject in mind?

3 hours ago, Antoine said:

I don't think I'll have any choice.

But then I still think SCW deserve a place of its own.

I agree with you there Antoine but perhaps we can come to a compromise? If the SCW proves a popular enough subject within this GB we may need to create a separate section within the gallery for it.

25 minutes ago, luis pacheco said:

One of the two AH-1T SeaCobra shot down by enemy antiaircraft fire.

I like the sound of that Luis. The US operation in Grenada is not well known and this would certainly provide a less common subject to increase awareness with.

2 hours ago, Col. said:

The US operation in Grenada is not well known and this would certainly provide a less common subject to increase awareness with.

You mean Clint Eastwoods' Heartbreak Ridge isn´t a "must see at least once a year"- movie for all of us?  :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

You mean Clint Eastwoods' Heartbreak Ridge isn´t a "must see at least once a year"- movie for all of us?  :giggle:

:thumbsup: It certainly is a good film.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I´ve liked it since I watched it when it was released (according to imdb that was in 1986). V-P 

I missed out on it at first so was well into the 90s before I seen it. Trying to atone for that now by watching it every time I can and telling everyone I know how great it is :D

• Like 1

Paulu Boy, looking at the bigger picture (and done that for a few years now) it's obvious thebmgbmassive concentrates on actually building and participating in current GB:s from December to September; then in October and November all **** breaks loose and it's macchiavellian politics, conspiracy and elbow tactics all over the place; only the STGB-freaks live on a 12 month schedule :yahoo:but they have a full calender for at least the next two years in advance :weep:. So don't worry yet, I'm sure the Small Wars GB will be a success :party:. Br, V-P

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Possibly Apocryphal said:

I'll sign up for this.  No matter what the final definition of a "small war" is, I have no doubt I can choose a subject that would qualify.  For now I'd say an Algerian MiG-21 operating from Egypt during the 1973 Yom Kippur War would be my choice.

Cool. I'll add you to the list :) 

• Like 1

I'm in...

...with one of the last combat actions with a Messerschmitt 109.

I'll put in a spanish Tenerife based Hispano HA-1112-M1L from the Ifni war.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SAU said:

I'm in...

...with one of the last combat actions with a Messerschmitt 109.

I'll put in a spanish Tenerife based Hispano HA-1112-M1L from the Ifni war.

Excellent, that's exactly what this GB proposal is all about, the conflicts that make us go searching the internet to find out about because it isn't one we've previously heard about :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing John D.C  Masters build of a Gina in this thread in the 60's NATO vs WarPac GB got me looking at my Gina decals, I could easily do a Portuguese G91 to go alongside my French AD-4N so this GB really has to go ahead you see?

So if you haven't signed up you should, it really needs to be done!

• Thanks 1