DIORAMA COMPONENTS

Badder

Busy with my 'Ever Evolving Diorama' for the past 13 months, I've not built a single vehicle, or figure of any kind. All I've done is made components for my diorama. However, some of those components are models in their own right, so I am counting them eligible as entries for my  '2017 yearbook'.

There's a WIP of my work in the relevant forum.

Enjoy.

This was the building I had intended to feature in the aforementioned diorama. The right hand section of 'gable end' wall is made up of the walls from MiniArt's 'Ruined Village House'. Everything else was made from plaster casts, moulded from the kit parts and 'scratched' to fit. Ultimately, the building wasn't used and sits 'unfinished'. However, it will feature in a diorama which I intend to make for my Sherman Easy Eight in the current STGB.

428374DSC08292.jpg

MiniArt Ardennes Building with whole of the rear (left of photo) made from plaster casts of the kit parts. Here I was adding 'ivy' made from a 'snowflake' paper punch.

640266DSC09165.jpg

Apart from the one section of wall with the window extreme right, all of the walls here, and the 'porch' were made from plaster casts.

633604DSC090992.jpg

Edited by Badder
  • Like 9

406543DSC09388.jpg

The tree was made using my 'fishing line and wire-cored gardener's twine method'.  The trunk shown here had yet to be blended in.

BTW this tree contains 450meters of fishing line an stands 13 inches high.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, modelman182 said:

Always great to see your diorama stuff, Badder. I'm sure that I shall have to 'borrow' some of your techniques and ideas for builds/dioramas that I have planned for the future :D

Kev

Thank Kev,

And you are quite welcome! I don't envy anyone trying the tree though. It's quite effective but takes a lot of patience!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Badder

Given up posting pics for now.

It's taking me 10 mins or more to get each image off HostingPics. I hope it's not going the same way as PB.

Happy New Year to Everyone,

Badder

Edited by Badder

Amazing work Badder! As I said in another post not a million miles away, this is the stuff that you are good at, in fact you excel at it. I've been following your 'Ever Evolving Diorama' ever since I was a newly hatched 'newbie', and it has been the source of frequent amazement.

One question though: if the diorama has been ongoing for so long, how do you keep the dust off?

• Like 1

It has been a real pleasure to watch your diorama develop over this past year and I have learnt loads about scenic modelling from you. This has been a fascinating project and, although I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed, I will be sorry the journey will have ended.

So basically we need you to think of another project like this we can enjoy when this one is complete! :thumbsup:;):P

I hope you have a Very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Amazing work Badder! As I said in another post not a million miles away, this is the stuff that you are good at, in fact you excel at it. I've been following your 'Ever Evolving Diorama' ever since I was a newly hatched 'newbie', and it has been the source of frequent amazement.

One question though: if the diorama has been ongoing for so long, how do you keep the dust off?

Hi Gorby,

Thank you for following, commenting and for hopefully finding my stuff useful!

The dio has been sat on a table for some time now and only got moved the other day so I can have some space to make a Sherman for the M3/M4 GB.

Believe me the dio has been covered in all sorts of mess.... household dust being the least troublesome. Plaster dust is far worse! So, my airbrush and a vacuum cleaner have come in very handy: regularly used to either blow or suck the dust/detritus off.

Once finished it will be cased.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

It has been a real pleasure to watch your diorama develop over this past year and I have learnt loads about scenic modelling from you. This has been a fascinating project and, although I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed, I will be sorry the journey will have ended.

So basically we need you to think of another project like this we can enjoy when this one is complete! :thumbsup:;):P

I hope you have a Very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

Don't worry, there's another year in this dio yet!

I am going to replace those Sea Foam bushes/trees I suspect, then there's the little scenarios with figures I have to do.

I think I'll be scaling down the size of my dios once this one is done... famous last words.

Whatever, it's always a pleasure to have you along.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

An excellent way to see the result of your good work, I love ivys, they are very cool, so small, but so well achieved, the moldy / greenish look, on the walls also looks very real (for my taste), when be complete, it will be a vignette with a very immersive touch, since it has a lot of elements in which it will pay attention, although I imagine that you will add many more, such as equipment, and remains of objects.

When you decide that you have finished it, I hope you can take pictures with sufficient quality to see all the details, which surely, will be many and varied.

In short, a laborious work, not available to everyone ...:goodjob:

Cheers Badder :santa:

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

When you decide that you have finished it, I hope you can take pictures with sufficient quality to see all the details, which surely, will be many and varied.

Thank you Francis,

Yes, when it's finished I will make sure that the photos are of high quality. For the most part I've just used a digital camera under poor lighting!

Thanks again. Your comments are always most welcome.

Happy New Year,

Badder

• 3 months later...
On 03/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Badder,

Stunning :gobsmacked:, I really enjoyed the Diorama !!

Very realistic !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks Corsaircorp,

Much apprecaited. I've had a few ideas pop into my head for the diorama during my time away for the M3/M4 Group Build.

And while I was here replying, I had a look at some of the photos and came across this:

HhWpLi4.jpg

Something REALLY odd has happened in this photo....

The left hand side of the building's roof extends towards the left hand edge of the diorama board and can be seen to overhang the white plaster limit. However, the gable wall underneath stops some distance short.... by 30mm or more it would seem. This is NOT the case at all. The roof only overhangs the wall by 4 or 5mm! It's like a whole chunk of the left hand side of the gable wall has simply vanished! That light green ivy should extend all the way to the guttering on the left and horizontally down to the ground. How very odd!

TFL

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1