B707, DC-9, B727, B747 Airliner Builds

I just joined Britmodeller; wanted to share some of my work of completed models that are "ready for inspection." Constructive criticism is always welcome! Hope you enjoy!

Heller 1/72 scale TWA Boeing 707-323.  "Out of the box" build, using Alclad aluminum and Tamiya white paint, 26 Decals, Liveries Unlimited Decals,

and Nazca detail decals.

DSC_0754DSC_0769DSC_0770DSC_0752DSC_0773

Airfix 1/144 scale Eastern Airlines Boeing 727-200. I used Alclad aluminum and Tamiya white paint, Liveries Unlimited and Nazca detail decals,

and Braz landing gear.

DSC_0696DSC_0699DSC_0710

Airfix 1/144 scale Southern Airways DC-9-32. "Out of the box" build, with Liveries Unlimited decals.

DSC_0854DSC_0857IMG_0916IMG_0921

Revell 1/144 scale Boeing 747-400 "City of Detroit." I used Tamiya red, gray, and white, Alclad aluminum paints, Draw Decals, Flight Designs Decals,

and Aerocolours decals, ExtraTech photoetch details, and Braz engines.

NW 747 3NW 747 6NW 747 7NW 747 9
  • Like 47
  • Thanks 2

Welcome to the forum, what a lovely collection,looking forward to seeing more like this, always nice to see more airliners on here.                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers Michael.

Always great to see airliner builds! You've done a splendid job! Love the metal colour work, which I find often hard to get right. I'm also a fan of the Alclad colour range, so I'm happy to see it worked so well with your models.

Looking forward to potential other builds!

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Britmodeller! I'm sure you'll find us a friendly bunch. Always good to welcome more airliner modellers.

Thanks for showing your collection, some gorgeous airliners you've got there, I think I've seen them elsewhere too!

You definitely know how to nail a shiny alclad finish it really jumps out on the 707 and 747. I'd like to see your models with some Authentic Airliners windows, now that really would be impressive!! 

Looking forward to seeing many more in the near future.

Cheers,

Ian

Hello,Paul - Happy New Year and  welcome to the Forum.My full compliments to you on such beautifully built and finished ‘scale replicas’ of these classic types.Superb work indeed.

All The Best,Paul.(another one!😄)😉👍

Really like those.  After years of building 1/48 I decided over Christmas to purchase a few airliner kits, just for a change.  You've convinced me it's a good idea, but you've set the bar high!

very splendid collection of civil's - just the sort of thing I look for over here on the aircraft pages

Its amazing what a decent set of decals can do to breath life back into those old Airfix kits

welcome to the site too - I hope you have some more civil builds headed our way soon