This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Notifications - topics, PMs, etc.

Don't seem to be getting any notifications even on the site here. The last notification for a reply to a topic I did was back in early December, but I've had replies to a topic today that weren't listed in my notifications.

btinternet.com is mine.

EDIT: Site notifications seem to be working again :)

Gaz

Edited by GazB

Sitrep on Hotmail (well, mine anyway)

Yesterday - had around a dozen e-mail  notifications in almost exactly an hour between 13.34 and 14.35. Some of those were for posts from Friday! Nothing before and nothing after those times.

Today - lot of notifcations starting around 6 am, last one received at 16.19, nothing after - and there have been updates to my followed threads since then.

Keith

Hotmail still not right @Mike. Today I had an hour's worth of notifications between 8.32 and 9.33 then nothing until 14.01 stopping again at 14.33 and none since.

Nothing in junk.

Keith

Mike,

I have just received the following email from mail.com (my provider).  Not sure if this will affect you or not but thought that I had better notify you as a courtesy :-

"

In order to maintain the service you are used to, we scheduled some server maintenance, which will start Saturday evening (EST), January the 20th and end on January the 21st.

This maintenance is required in order to keep our servers secure and up-to-date. During this period of time you may have limited access to your account and limited account functionality.

What means “limited account functionality”?

Once you log in to your account, you may experience difficulties in sending or receiving emails. In addition, other mailbox features may be limited as well.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Your mail.com Team"

Dennis

I just got my first notification in weeks! :penguin:Maybe the problem is solved.

Early days, but let's hope so :)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Early days, but let's hope so :)

Fingers crossed, but Outlook also seems to be a lot better these past two days with notifications coming through regularly throughout the day. Can't 100% say I'm getting notifications of every post in followed threads, but it appears to be the best it has since the Christmas outage.

Keith

That's another step in the right direction then :)

Is anyone else still getting nowt, zero, none, zilch, nada? :hmmm:

We've also spotted a configuration on the server that has been deleted, which helps the maintenance tasks like sending out notifications get done.  I've had to re-create that and it's set to run every minute.  Let's see if that makes things better :)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, Mike said:

Thanks for the update Bob - keep us informed :)

It looks like I just began to receive notifications. Thanks for your due diligence on this issue. It is very much appreciated.                Bob H.

Thanks for the update Bob ^_^ I'm going to try and find out why the incident I now think was partly responsible happened, as I certainly didn't disappear it.  A substantial part of the issue was down to the block list issue however, so it's good we got that sorted out too. :yes:

Anyone else?

I've been receiving notifications this week. They seem to be sent in bursts, with some delay (the last ones with almost 20 minute delay in relation to the original post). I think the situation has markedly improved.

Thanks for your efforts, Mike :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jaime

I think I'm not getting notifications with my yahoo.co.uk address. Not sure if it's because I've not asked for them though. Should I be getting an email whenever there's a mark in the notifications icon on the top right of the forum's pages?

Hi Mike,

My email provider is Plusnet. I don't think I have ever received any notifications - was it because I didn't sign up for them?

Isn't this information available from our profile - or can't you access it?

John

You should only get notifications if you request them by following a topic, or by asking for notifications by email if you get a message, someone posts in your topics etc.  You can access all that malarkey from clicking your name in the top right, choosing Account Settings>Notification Settings (over on the right).  You'll see a bunch of tick-boxes, and below that (you might have to scroll) a table of choices of how you're informed.  This gives you COMPLETE control over what you receive from the Britmodeller forums, so if you've ever had enough of a topic you can unfollow it, or you get sick of notifcations about people posting of PMing you, change your settings there.

Here's a link that may  work and take you directly to your notifications setting from here :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/notifications/options/

Not sure if sympatico.ca has been checked ... haven't read all the preceding pages, sorry.

Frank

I'm having a slightly different issue. 

My notifcations are coming at strange times... my emails are appearing about 12-18 hours post topic update. Rather than at the time of topic update.  

22 hours ago, albergman said:

Not sure if sympatico.ca has been checked ... haven't read all the preceding pages, sorry.

If you're subscribed to any topics, you should be getting notifications (depending on your preference), and you might even get an email notification that I've quoted you.  To test it, just Follow a popular topic, see if you get any messages, and then un-follow it once you're done :)

2 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Still no notifications on btinterner.com

It's very tempting to make a big deal of your typo there, but I won't :innocent:

I'll send you an email from our Britmodeller account, and see what occurs.  If I get a bounce report it would help support in diagnosing the problem.  Watch your email ;)

Were you aware that your email address isn't a btinternet.com address?  Check it over and come back to me.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Were you aware that your email address isn't a btinternet.com address?  Check it over and come back to me.

The email I registered with the forum is a forwarding account which sends to the btinternet.com account. So whether the mail is to either address, it still comes to the same inbox.

I figured that might be the case, so watch your inbox for an email :)

Hi Steve - even though my email to you got through initially, I couldn't reply but did get a bounce report so I've submitted that to Support.  Hopefully they should get you sorted soon. :)