Zvezda 2018 catalogue

kotey

On 1/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, Phantome said:

They are frequently not in stock here in the UK, unlike Zvezda's. The 9.17 was in stock for a couple of weeks and then practically disappeared and has only appeared sporadically. They're not easy to find which makes the price hike all the more surprising.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Zvezda 9.12 soon so I can get my full Fulcrum fix anytime (having said that I do have some issues with the Zvezda Fulcrums, they are far from perfect, and Trumpeters' are a more pleasant build overall despite their accuracy issues).

Hi Phantome, what issues do you have with the zvezda kit? Thought they were overall pretty accurate. I do think it's not such an easy built with the cockpit/nose construction. But they do seem to have the correct shape at the wing root through that. 

Another question, Ik have the Revell Ju-88 in my stash. But you all here seem to be waiting for zvezda's. Which I thought was something of the 80s 90s italeri like kits. How is it then?

Then is that Su-24MR a dragon rebox or also new molds as there's a yellow box on the item number?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, 128fiddler said:

Another question, Ik have the Revell Ju-88 in my stash. But you all here seem to be waiting for zvezda's. Which I thought was something of the 80s 90s italeri like kits. How is it then?

I'd rate the RoG Ju 88 over the Zvezda due to its much better interior. However, the Zvezda kit is also available as a Ju 88A-5 and A-17, variants which are not catered by the RoG. 

(One of the great modeling mysteries is that there is no A-1, A-5 or G release of the RoG kit (yet?), even though it is clearly broken down to accomodate diferent versions.) 

Then is that Su-24MR a dragon rebox or also new molds as there's a yellow box on the item number?

Dragon.

Cheers,

Andre 

6 hours ago, 128fiddler said:

Hi Phantome, what issues do you have with the zvezda kit? Thought they were overall pretty accurate. I do think it's not such an easy built with the cockpit/nose construction. But they do seem to have the correct shape at the wing root through that. 

Thanks!

1) The Zvezda has some strange engineering decisions. My main issue is the rather flimsy separate wingtips but that's just one of many (I've posted extensively on this in various Ready for Inspection threads). The Trumpeter has a more logical engineering, but are more inaccurate.

2) I think the consensus around here is that the Revell Ju 88 is the best out there. Haven't built it myself.

3) Dragon rebox. Trumpeter makes the only modern Fencer.

Indeed, the Revell Ju 88 A-4 and C-6 kits deliver excellent value for the money. It's just very, very tedious to convert them to an A-5, as modifying clear parts like the B- and C- stands is not everybody's preferred task in model building. Here's where Zvezda delivers 😎. V-P