A Newbie from Alabama!

Challenger350Pilot

Hello everyone! Such a joy to be able to join in here at BritModeller! I am new to this site, and am eager to share my work for constructive criticism, to learn from those of you that have considerbable experience, and enhance my skills in civil model airliner making. I have been building since I was a young lad, having lined the shelves in my room at home with model airliners, then growing up, not building for many years, and returning to the hobby, only to find so many changes and so many skilled builders that enjoy it as much as I do! I'm ready to show some of my work, but wanted to introduce myself before hand. Currently living in Alabama, in the USA, and work as a professional corporate pilot flying the Bombardier Challenger 350/300 series aircraft. My collection of unbuilt kits far exceeds the built ones...I have enough to keep me busy til the end of my days, but then...who's counting? Sometimes the fun is just having the kits on hand! Enough about me...let's get going! To begin with...I would greatly appreciate some direction and instruction from anyone as to how to display some photos here, and in which forums to place them. I have discovered how to successfully post photos, so to that end, I have been successful, though no posts here yet. I have a few that are "ready for inspection," as well as one on the workbench now that is "in progress" with a long way to go before finishing.

• Like 3

Hi, and welcome to the forum; I'm sure everyone will benefit from each others contributions.  We have a Walkaround section, run by Julien, and we are always on the lookout for new and interesting views of actual aircraft, especially if there is a kit of it out there.  Any chance you could take some photo's, from a modelling point of view?  Also, do you have name or shorter nickname? as Challenger350Pilot is a bit of a bind typing when we want to chat.

All the best and enjoy the forum.  Happy New Year to you.

Mike

• Like 1

Hello Challenger ... Welcome to Britmodeler from Chicago. Im looking forward to seeing your builds, and have a small fascination with corporate aircraft. My dream jet would either be a G5 or 737er converted to private jet. I know big dreams but i guess some have supercars i have jets. 

Dennis 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hi CP. Good to have another face aboard. To post pictures, you will need a hosting site. Many of us used Photobucket until they lost the plot. Flickr or imgur seem to be popular choices now. Once you have your images uploaded to them, you can paste the image ref onto the site. There are a few examples in the Help and Support area in the main menu.

Frank