Sexton 11 25 PDR

beefy66

Nice going Beefy, looking at the lights they are probably later models. I think dragon produced a later version, I had to a fair bit of jiggling to get my driver in.

i took a picture of the preist I did using the dragon infantry figure sets.

image.jpg

• Like 7

Small update bit of painting today radio and interior driver areas

All of it will probably not be visible when built up and crew are in place

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

beefy

• Like 11

if your planning to use the kit decals and fee dragon made a mistake its not an Essex yeomanry  unit its from 90th field regiment  50th infantry division Essex sextons had names of Essex towns and villages and aos was 1147 it was 2nd army unit attached to 8th armoured brigade

• Like 1

Thanks for the reference link good stuff  :yes:  also noted that FOE has the star the wrong way round on the right side wounder if there was a reason for this  :book:

Been working on the 25 PDR very good detail so far a little bit fiddly

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

shields to fit and paint next

beefy

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Thanks for the reference link good stuff  :yes:  also noted that FOE has the star the wrong way round on the right side wounder if there was a reason for this  :book:

Oh, I missed that.  Pity FOE has the later single piece transmission (differential?) housing, that would have made a quirky scheme.

Good progress with the 25lbr BTW :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words lads

Small update gun painted and surround fitted and base coated

IMG_4573.jpg

Started on the rear deck and sides build up

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

Front shield and mud guards built up and then first problem with the build left hand front plate and side do not match up will have to do a bit of fetteling to get this right just knew it was all going to well    :think:

IMG_4577.jpg

beefy

• Like 9

On 12/01/2018 at 9:27 PM, fatfingers said:

Aye up Beefy,

Looking good and nice work on the gun. Shame about  the front plate. Sure you'll have it sorted in no time though :yes:

Regards,

Steve 

On 13/01/2018 at 12:37 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You'll have that fixed in a jiffy, I have absolutely no doubt.....I'm suffering small-modeller's Sexton envy whenever I visit this thread.  :jealous:

thanks for the vote of confidence Steve and Sarge

On 13/01/2018 at 3:24 AM, stevehnz said:

Looking really good, thanks  for the great photos, best I've seen of one of these. I' saving them all into my Sexton folder against the day I start a wee one, at least now I'll know what goes where, :)

Steve.

Steve hope anything I do is helping someone out there even just a little bit

i have been working to get the front and side together and it was the lower joint lug getting in the way so I shaved this off and the fit was tight but got there in the end just have to do a small repair where i got carried away with the scalpel

IMG_4578.jpg

You can see the small area under the front mud guard where i removed the joining lug and a small peace of the side wall luckily when looking at reference photos I noticed that the join on the side should have a weld seam so will try and add with stretch sprue

IMG_4579.jpg

also added the joint bars for the three part transmission cover

and some detail work on the running gear added the wear to the side of the wheels using a silver pencil and a coat of Mr Hobby Black iron to the return skids and rollers

IMG_4580.jpg

beefy

• Like 6

Nice work on the side wall beefy, I don't remember any fit problems but I may have done the same without paying much attention. As the preist side walls were a bit of a pain, I like the pencil work on the bogies.

• Like 1

small update all the rear deck has been kitted out and i have replaced the side grab rails with brass wire also had a try at doing the weld seam need a little taking off I think bit to high my welds are never that high  :think:

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

• Like 11