What a piece of junk!! 1/72 Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

This kit is everything it’s touted to be. If I have one complaint, is a common one for Bandai kits, is the decals suck. But anyway, OOB. It was an absolute delight to build. No issues whatsoever with the build itself. Micron tight engineering!

smBZ3gW.jpg12R955g.jpgzlll3r4.jpgyfBvjja.jpgTfT12tc.jpgjaag89K.jpgRI3uaDv.jpgpWMcqKB.jpgyOUcMfv.jpgJFRBk5F.jpgBCbksZf.jpg1QcHyky.jpgX3nYs6Q.jpgASPB2KW.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Nah dont like it , the AMT one is much better.......Only kidding its amazing. I really do want to get one of these. Im bored with the FM one now. My goal would be the revell master series one and the Bandai one together.  You have done a really good job , weathering is great. Well done. Bet you are a bit sad that the build is over?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks excellent. Can't justify the outlay when I have two AMT and two Bandai 1/144 in the stash. But it is very tempting.

5 hours ago, gunpowder17 said:

Im bored with the FM one now. My goal would be the revell master series one and the Bandai one together.

But the Revell Master Series and FM are the same kit...

• Thanks 1

They are yes. The fimemolds one is slightly crisper and the plastic is nicer. I said that as its cheaper than the FM boxing

Yes it is a bit confusing. I just re read my original post. What i mean is that im fed bored of building the fm/revell one , but in an ideal world i would like the fm/revell and the bandai one both together. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2017 at 2:40 AM, gunpowder17 said:

Nah dont like it , the AMT one is much better.......Only kidding its amazing. I really do want to get one of these. Im bored with the FM one now. My goal would be the revell master series one and the Bandai one together.  You have done a really good job , weathering is great. Well done. Bet you are a bit sad that the build is over?!

Very sad! I enjoyed every minute of it. I was gonna build another SW kit right after, but everything seemed like a letdown. 😝

On 02/01/2018 at 6:41 PM, Habu12 said:

Very sad! I enjoyed every minute of it. I was gonna build another SW kit right after, but everything seemed like a letdown. 😝

You’ve built the best model of one of the most iconic starships from one of the greatest scale model manufacturers in history, I’m afraid it’s all downhill from here. On the bright side, anything else will be an opportunity to develop your modeling skills as not much else comes in “Perfect Grade”.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Very nice-looking! The best part about it, to my mind, is the restrained weathering. You have portrayed the worn and hard-used look of the ship (the hunk-of-junkery, as another poster put it :D) without burying it in so much grime and rust that it resembles nothing so much as a pile of dirt and oxide that somehow maintains the shape of the original ship, but no-one is quite sure how or why! Far too many MFs go overboard with the weathering, but you've got it right, IMO. Well done.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Habu12 said:

I think the DA Falcon has a bit more detail, but as far as fit and speed of build, it’s Bandai all the way. 

I’ve not had a close up look at the Bandai kit, the DA is good but needs some attention in places where it looks a little toy like, considering doing a wip for her that may run into decades at current build speed 🙂 

• Like 1