AdrianMF's nine for 2017

AdrianMF

Hello All,

I managed 9 this year, 1/72 except where stated. First off, I finished off a US Coast Guard Privateer (converted from the Matchbox/Revell kit), for a pal whose Dad used to fly in them:

Matchbox_Privateer_done_1.jpg

Old Airfix Blenheim, with a little help from Falcon canopies and a lot of Home Improvement:

IMG_5775.jpg

Airfix F-111, with detailed cockpit and bays:

IMG_5818.jpg

Airfix DH Mosquito, with detailed cockpit and Falcon canopy:

IMG_5836.jpg

Ursus (close copy of Airfix) Saunders-Roe SR53:

IMG_5494.jpg

Fly Models Hafner Rotachute, with Revell RAF figure:

IMG_6321.jpg

The Airfix 1/32 17-Pounder gun and crew:

37285673911_1ca67554ae_c.jpg

The 24-hour build that wasn't, the old Airfix Phantom II in good old VF-74 markings:

IMG_7201.jpg

And the Airfix Grumman Martlet IV, straight from the box with extra seatbelts:

IMG_7508.jpg

And the in-progress/shelf-of-shame entries...

Fairey Long Range Monoplane scratch build:

IMG_4036.jpg

MPM Blenheim:

IMG_5370.jpg

Dragon Model Works Bristol 188:

IMG_7177.jpg

The Bristol 188 is actually in progress rather than stalled, but I remain quietly confident that it won't get finished in the next two days :)

Thank you to everyone on the forum for sharing their great projects and providing a fine level of banter!

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 28

Hmm, nine completed models seems to be a popular score this year :) 

I think my favourite builds have been where you re-vamped old Airfix kits like the Blenheim and the Mossie, they were entertaining and enlightening to follow and the results speak for themselves B) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Thanks Chaps!

@Corsairfoxfouruncle There is now one flying somewhere in the US in Coast Guard colours, albeit with engines taken from a B-25. It's on my list to see if I can bend my work schedule to fit.

@DAG058 I would love to make a diorama out of the 17-Pounder but it would take about a square foot, which is five single-engined fighters in my storage scheme.  So it's post "reorganise the modelling area", which in turn is post "reorganise the house"...

@Stew Dapple I've built less this year than the last few years, but it's been a busy year (in a good way). The old Airfix WWII subjects do scrub up well with some TLC, but the old jets, less well. I think that's because I expect a modern jet to have pin-sharp panel lines and crisp super-detailing, and I can't get there starting from the old Phantom or F-111 kits. Still, it's fun trying!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Nice set! I like all of them, and in particular your fiish of Blenheim IV. Why you've stopped Fairey? I was watching your efforts and I think it was not deserving for stopping. Hope to see her on RFI :) 

regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Why you've stopped Fairey?

Thanks Jerzy,

I have "taken a break" from the Fairey, not stopped :) The paint on the wings started blistering so I stepped away for a while. Mind you, the Bristol 188 is quite challenging so the Fairey LRM should feel a bit easier when I get back to it!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1