Italeri Iwo Jima flag waivers

stevej60

I see this little kit is back on release,I quite fancy having a go at it but painting it to represent the memorial rather than the actual event,wasn't there a kit

of the three figured Vietnam memorial?

Fun little model to build. 

I suppose you could just leave off the groundwork and spray the whole item in bronze.

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

OOB 'cept for the groundwork and a plastic card for the flag.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 2

When you assemble it helps to start from the flag pole out with the figs , I used white glue and added a figure every 1/2 hour , adjusting as I went. The flag 'standing up ' is correct , the only attempted critique of my model , the famous pic proves this out. I replaced the pole with metal , and used .005" plastic card heated and formed for the flag decal.

A fun model to build and gets attention on the tables.

Good luck!

Edited by krow113
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Vietnam Memorial kit was from Monogram, first issued in 1988, not sure how long it remained in production. As Monogram does not exist anymore, I doubt they'll ever release it again so your only hope to find one is on the second hand market

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 5:00 AM, Giorgio N said:

The Vietnam Memorial kit was from Monogram, first issued in 1988, not sure how long it remained in production. As Monogram does not exist anymore, I doubt they'll ever release it again so your only hope to find one is on the second hand market

Disagree - While Monogram does not exist as an independent company any longer, their trademark brand name and more importantly, their molds most certainly do still exist. The Vietnam statue 'Three Fighting Men' was issued only once I know of, in 1988. It was a 1/10 snap together kit, and I recall it not fitting all that well. While uncommon, it is not impossible to find on the usual places, like eBay. And I think it is unlikely to be on the current Revell-Monogram company's reissue plans. 

• Like 1