BUA BAC 1-11 G-ASTJ. Last build for 2017!!

Hi all. Been doing this over the past few days on and off. Airfix BAC 1-11 in 1/144th. Replacement resin nose from "26 Decals as are the decals.  My reason to replicate this one was to represent my ATC camp to RAF Germany in 1970. Flight from Gatwick to RAF Wildenrath and then bussed to RAF Bruggen.  The flight over was in 'STJ and return was in 'SJE.

The nose replacement was straight forward with only a little blending in, rescribed some of the lines on the wings, filled the windows from behind with scrap plastic card and filler on the outside. There was enough room between the cut off nose and bulkhead for some weight... just in case but fortuitous.  Light aircraft grey and Halfords appliance white for main paintwork. Silver colour decal stripes for the leading edges of the wings and tailplanes. Not visible on photos of full sized aircraft so not used on the fin.  T the tailI attempted to replicate the APU with a tiny section of aerofoil strut to depict the APU exhaust.

IMG_2978_zpsfoanjzur.jpg

The baggage tag is a survivor over all the past years I found in my memorobilia.

IMG_2979_zpszeziqg0u.jpg

IMG_2980_zpsmjqo899e.jpg

IMG_2981_zpsqeepaovz.jpg

IMG_2989_zpsp3dn2g5q.jpg

IMG_2990_zpsw7uajltx.jpg

IMG_2991_zpspsrmqk8n.jpg

IMG_2992_zpsnhkjivsh.jpg

IMG_2993_zpszhozqojk.jpg

IMG_2994_zpsx7gzfau7.jpg

IMG_2995_zpsep0ts73g.jpg

Well thats it for 2017. My last build. I have a nother subject to come but still needs a little to do and is 1/48th. But not got much time to sort it at the moment.

See you all in 2018 with more!!!

• Like 35

13 hours ago, stringbag said:

Nice to see what it could look like if I could just get one finished.  (Cue-Turbofan and Viking)

Chris.

I don't know what you mean Chris :whistle: 

14 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Paul,

That replacement nose makes all the difference, lovely job!

I have a soft spot for 1-11s they're such cute little planes.

Is it the 26 sheet?

Cheers,

Ian

Sorry Paul, I've just noticed you mentioned it's the 26 sheet.

Ian

That replacement nose really makes a difference, with such a lovely looking 1-11 livery too! It reminds me of what a great era I grew up in with so many different airliners (piston, turbo, & jet powered)  with so many different airlines.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:32 AM, stringbag said:

Nice to see what it could look like if I could just get one finished.  (Cue-Turbofan and Viking)

Chris.

How about doing that Finnair DC-9?  At least you could say you've got one 'Finnish'. :tease:

10 hours ago, CT Modeller said:

Hello Paul - like that a lot. The Airfix BAC 111 is always a nostalgic kit - watch those wing fences though! Another subject that I painted fairly recently :

http://www.gava.org.uk/index.php?searchterm=tyler&option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=12&Itemid=534&picsearch=simple

Hi Chris. Thanks. I see what you mean. Oh well too late now and I don't think I'll risk correcting them now. I'll bring it along to the club next week(11th I think it is).