Winter Weary Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L Late Production - Dragon 1/35

PlaStix

That, I believe, is your best yet.....I would not have believed a finish like that to be possible with 'Hairy-Stick' alone.  I can't justifiably nag you to buy an airbrush anymore, not when you can do that, without one!  :worthy:

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2017 at 05:03, Spitfire31 said:

Great tank of the 'shrunk reality' category! Amazing job.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Joachim and thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 30/12/2017 at 16:58, Arachnid said:

I am liking this very much.  😁

Thank you very much Arachnid - that is very kind of you! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 30/12/2017 at 18:22, Buzby061 said:

Great job on the painting & weathering, figures are good too.

Pete

Hi Pete and thank you very much for your comments.

On 31/12/2017 at 10:06, Bullbasket said:

I can't add much more than what I said in the WIP, just, excellent. The figures are good too.....brass monkeys.

John.

Hi John and thank you for your comments and your support throughout the build. 

Kind regards,

Stix

That's definitely one of your best Stix,and it's up with some very stiff competition! Certainly looks like it's had a hard life great weathering and excellent

figure work,great job as usual!:worthy:

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2017 at 10:35, FrancisGL said:

The model has been superb !, I like a lot, apart from being a work only with a brush, incredible, nothing to envy of the ABs, and also you get very cheap (no compressor, no AB ...) ... lol .

Definitely, I have to try that Vallejo product, I have already ordered a boat, to see if I can get your snow effect, which is really convincing (at least for me).

And the final touch of the figures ... the icing on the cake, as I would like to be able to include some in my kits, but ...:rage:

:goodjob:

Cheers Stix and HNY2018 :santa:

Hi Francis. Thank you very much for your very kind comments and your support throughout the build. Yes I think it does save a bit of money not having an airbrush. As I have mentioned before I'm not sure I would like the stress of using one nor do I have a place where I can use one. Luckily I enjoy painting with brushes. The snow does seem quite a good product and, I think, looks even better in real life than in the photos.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 31/12/2017 at 15:28, robw_uk said:

stunning... love the end result

Thank you very much Rob - most kind! :thumbsup:

On 31/12/2017 at 16:46, reteip9 said:

Holy crap Stix that is just epic, love how the whitewash turned, love your paint job, just phenomenal on all fronts.

Thank you very much reteip9 - you are very kind! :thumbsup:

At some point I am still hoping to make a base for this with a bit of a scene.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

On 31/12/2017 at 17:40, Hewy said:

Beautifully built, painted, and photographed, really well done, happy new year to you and your family too stix

Glynn 

Thank you very much Glynn and a belated Happy New Year to you and your family too.

On 01/01/2018 at 09:44, Ozzy said:

I've done a few whitewash vehicle, I feel a bit like time team when I'm rubbing off the white to reveal the base colour. Hope you and Mrs Stix have a happy new year also.

oz

Thank you very much Ozzy and a belated same to you and yours. I had to work out which areas had already been rubbed off as I was painting and basically not paint them. I think this is one of the difficulties of not using an airbrush and not being able to use something like the hairspray technique.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 03/01/2018 at 08:54, Dads203 said:

That’s one amazing build mate, nice work :D

Thank you very much Dads203 - most kind! :thumbsup:

On 03/01/2018 at 19:04, AgentG said:

All the above!

Simply marvellous work sir!

G

Thank you very much G, you are very kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 03/01/2018 at 19:59, fatfingers said:

Aye up Stix.

Nothing more to say other than.......

:wow::worthy:

Regards 

Steve

Hi Steve. Thank you very much - most kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 03/01/2018 at 21:18, AndyRM101 said:

That's a work of art Stix. The whitewash effect is beautifully done and incredibly realistic. Proof that you really don't need an airbrush to create a fantastic looking model.

Andy:cat:

Thank you very much Andy - you are way too kind. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 03/01/2018 at 21:30, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That, I believe, is your best yet.....I would not have believed a finish like that to be possible with 'Hairy-Stick' alone.  I can't justifiably nag you to buy an airbrush anymore, not when you can do that, without one!  :worthy:

Hi Sarge. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. I have you to thank for encouraging and supporting me to get involved with armour builds and I have thoroughly enjoyed trying to develop deferent ways of painting them. I have to admit I was quite chuffed with the result on this one.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 21:42, Wolwe82 said:

wow Stix this is one of the most awesome things i have ever seen, realy O.o totaly awesome and i m so happy for you for such an minblowing result :) big big cheers , gota read the WIP :))

Hi Wolwe. Thank you very much and good to see you on BM again. Any chance we're going to see any of your superb builds again soon?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 09/01/2018 at 12:11, stevej60 said:

That's definitely one of your best Stix,and it's up with some very stiff competition! Certainly looks like it's had a hard life great weathering and excellent

figure work,great job as usual!:worthy:

Hi Steve and thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix