M4A3, CALLIOPE, 1/35

Hewy

Some pictures of the sherman with the rockets attachment now glued in place, it went well with no alignment issues, I'm a bit disappointed that i can't get the trigger wires to look like they're lying  a bit more naturally, in hind sight i maybe should have used thin lead wire, a bit more to add yet though, I've also flat coated it

Mud and dust are uncomfortable parts of weathering for me still, so this is as far as the bogeys go at the moment i may pluck up some bravado yet. 

Cheers, Glynn 

SVPRM1n.jpg

qnsl2iX.jpg

JAbIwBm.jpg

VslEX8m.jpg

nH4mJGP.jpg

• Like 9

:gobsmacked:That is looking so impressive Glynn! Awesome paintwork and the wiring looks excellent from where I'm sitting! :clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

:gobsmacked:That is looking so impressive Glynn! Awesome paintwork and the wiring looks excellent from where I'm sitting! :clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix, most kind, glad you like it

Glynn 

• Like 1

Mud and dust are uncomfortable parts of weathering for me still, so this is as far as the bogeys go at the moment i may pluck up some bravado yet. 

I'll be pleased if I achieve effects half as good as yours.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

I'll be pleased if I achieve effects half as good as yours.

Thanks for most kind comments nigel , Plenty of YouTube videos, and copying others on this exellent site is the order of the day here, just cant get those pigments to look right though, I'm  thinking of building an old tamiya sturmgeschütz rapidly,  no etch or mods to use as a test bed for a few effects i want to try out, some of those new life colours ones look good., thanks again 

Glynn 

33 minutes ago, Badder said:

I'm jealous! Of your choice of AFV AND your skills!

This is a real beauty.

Congrats and rearguards,

Badder

Ah stop it badder , you flatterer, it's turned out nice, i like how the undercoat saved me a lot of post shading,   but even looking back now there's some bits I'd  do differently, and its not everyones cup of tea but,  I'm calling it finished I've done some final bits and bobs today and painted some crew up( well I've tried), 

Hey, cheers though  badder i appreciate you liking what I've done, i'll post up the finish tomorrow. By the way I've started a dio base too late for this now, but i intend starting a thread in the wip dio section soon

Glynn 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hewy said:

I've started a dio base too late for this now, but i intend starting a thread in the wip dio section soon

Great news! I can't wait to follow. I was going to build a winter dio for my Sherman, but I'm not going to have enough time (or money) to get it done to the standard I want. I will do it eventually, but after this GB I'll be returning to my Ever evolving diorama.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Hello Glynn,

first I saw the final result and asked myself ... how the heck did he manage to get this color variations ??

Then I read the whole thread and I have to admit your method is original but a darn good idea and efficient B)

What do you think of the Academy Shermab compared to Dragon or Tasca kits ?

Cheers, E

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Etienne said:

Hello Glynn,

first I saw the final result and asked myself ... how the heck did he manage to get this color variations ??

Then I read the whole thread and I have to admit your method is original but a darn good idea and efficient B)

What do you think of the Academy Shermab compared to Dragon or Tasca kits ?

Cheers, E

ah the undercoat of many colours, i thought that was a success and something I'll definitely do again, it saved a whole load of time  with post shading, Unfortunately I've built neither the dragon or the tasca kits, the total  amount of armour I've built you can count on one hand , but an easy 8 is definitely on the menu later in the year, i was impressed by the academy kit in all honesty,  it went together completely trouble free, the tracks aren't good, being rubber bands, but a nicley detailed kit with lots of options, and not too expensive, thanks etienne 

• 3 weeks later...

Work nearly got the better of me here but its finished, i would have liked to have made a base, but that'll have to wait for another day now, apologies for the sorry attempt at figure painting, a dark art to be sure, also what a  great gb,learnt a bit about shermans along the way, and i  thoroughly enjoyed taking part in it, thanks to everyone who has contributed with either pictures or comments, thanks sarge

Glynn 

zghYrC0.jpg

ofr3EC4.jpg

xte09dM.jpg

foJQT9K.jpg

P3lcFFq.jpg

• Like 4

Looks fantastic Glynn, those figures really bring it all to life. I've moved your post into the gallery, just need to work out how to get the poll back.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb Glynn! That looks awesome in the Gallery. Fantastic detailing, paintwork and finishing. Very well done. ::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1