Trumpeter 1/200 HMS Hood + Pontos Upgrade set

• 4 months later...

Hi Pete,

I’ve just caught up with this thread again and was so shocked to read that you’ve been under fire yourself.

Wishing you a very rapid recovery and look forward to seeing more of your H.M.S. Hood soon.

Hi Mark!

great to hear from You, and thanks for Your kind wishes!

I went back to work full time in January,so not been spending time at the bench(work,rest,work,rest,repeat!)but  the master plan is to settle back into the Hood next winter.

During the summer, I'm setting up a workshop in the garage,with a view to getting into Model engineering when I retire.

in fact, I picked up a 1950's Myford Super 7 lathe two days before My 'glitch'! Last May,so I am planning to strip and rebuild it when (if?) The warmer weather appears.

I see You have 'Catalini' on the bench, I did a Supercat conversion in the 'Always' Fire eaters scheme a while back,the build blog fell foul to the Photobucket debacle,but I will do a rfi entry showing the completed model, t'was an interesting project.

If You are planning to get back on Your Hood later in the Year,let Me know and I'll make all the mistakes first for You!! 😁

Again, great to hear from You Mark, all the best and..............Keep Sticking!!!!!!!!

• Like 1