'FACE OFF' CONTINUED....

Badder

I must confess that I stripped the engine oil drum,.50cal ammunition box,  and two crates of K rations from my Sherman 105mm. In fact, I stripped ALL of the stowage off that other Sherman and will be using it in the forthcoming diorama.

Everything here is tied down for real, none of it glued (except the knots in the ropes)

4Jb1cmc.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of adding this rope:

6DL7zR6.jpg

DsHtxRZ.jpg

This end of the tow cable needs re-grinding and tidying up.

There's a couple of little things I want to add to the stowage here, but that's for another day. Currently I am working on the crew's metal helmets which will be hung on the rail above the pistol port.

TFL

Badder

• Like 2

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. 

I am pleased that your project is progressing and so well. I have just been really studying your stowage photos above and I have to say it is looking really amazing! You have used similar items to the ones I used but the way you have painted and weathered them, then tied them down and added/secured them with the ropes has taken them to the next level. Awesome detailing! :worthy: 

Kind regards,

Stix

12 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. Hope you are keeping well. 

I am pleased that your project is progressing and so well. I have just been really studying your stowage photos above and I have to say it is looking really amazing! You have used similar items to the ones I used but the way you have painted and weathered them, then tied them down and added/secured them with the ropes has taken them to the next level. Awesome detailing! :worthy: 

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

I'm fairly okay health wise but having issues with a manager at work, who I feel is victimising and harrassing me, and I fear I may have to raise a grievance! Not the best atmosphere to work in!

But that aside, thanks for your comments. As you know, I rearranged and added to the stowage. Ammo and fuel is all very well, but I felt the crew might appreciate some food especially. And then there's the oil drum and a couple of other bits and pieces. It's very tempting to add more, but I did that with my last Sherman and looking back on it now it got a bit silly. I had a careful think, playing around with the arrangement, making sure that the engine covers weren't buried under tonnes of stowage. Only the two jerry cans need be moved to gain access to the engine compartment. Tying everything down was a bit of a chore, again, having to work out what looks plausible. A tarpaulin would have hidden everything - not what I wanted to do. A cargo net would have been nice, but I couldn't find a suitable material. Progress is slow... I've lost 3 steel helmets! But I'm getting there.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hmmmm. Well, I've lost 3 helmets and one kit bag. All fell into a full rubbish bin under my table, and I couldn't find any of them despite what I thought was meticulous searching.

So for now I'm making do with what I have.

The kit bags looked a lot better than they do now. I kinda spoiled them when trying to paint the buckles with brass. I toned the brass down and ended up spoiling the colour of the canvas. I shall endeavour to improve them with a wash and dry-brush with them in-situ. The straps for the kit bags were made from blades of astroturf grass.

Also note the new, larger, improved, 'clothes bag' hanging on the front. It needs finishing off painting wise. Ignore the figures. These will be replaced

bb6ha27.jpg

DciAPzj.jpg

nsuz5kc.jpg

jovqvvL.jpg

The 'clothes bag' I suspect contains a bedroll or two. Here it is truer to the size of the real object.

TFL

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

Hi Badder. Hope you are well and things are better at work. Very impressive detailing again. Good to see this project is still progressing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Coming along nicely Badder,

Cheers Ozzy,

Nearly there. I've added a bit more mud staining here and there, mostly on the top of the turret. It looked a bit too clean. I found one of the missing helmets in my waste bin. Took an hour of careful sifting. Hoping to have the last of the stowage fitted by beddy time.

Rearguards

Badder

Just now, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. Hope you are well and things are better at work. Very impressive detailing again. Good to see this project is still progressing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Everything is okay-ish, thanks for asking.

As for the Sherman it's looking a lot busier, and a bit dirtier than it did in the GB gallery. Once the last of the stowage is done I will start on the crew. Again. #3

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 2