Israeli Driver Training Tank

SleeperService

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/01/2018 at 2:15 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

What.....The Arabs?  Arabs don't play cricket.....I'm confused.  :P

With all the Indians and Pakistanis in the Middle East they realise they stand no chance at cricket.

After two weeks of messing about careful experimentation I have worked out a fix for the suspension. It is a bit more involved than I'd like but it is straightforward enough. Hopefully I can get a session in tomorrow and get the mods done. I've now got the bits I needed to finish it so time to move it on.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 2:23 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Will probably be need your advice for my Egyptian monstrosity once I get started, these post 1945 things are a scary new world!  :shutup:

Not a problem ask away. Fortunately there is another Sherman fanatic in my local club so answers should be forthcoming.

Spent all day yesterday getting my printer/scanner talking to my computer. It was fine last week :rant: still won't scan but does print.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Shermaniacs!

I'm now on Version 5 of the replacement suspension arms and need to learn more curse words to direct at HB for getting the kit so wrong. However there are cautious grounds for optimism now as the reinforcing strips are on one set and it's still straight with the glue hardening.

Fingers crossed.

I hope everybody else is having better luck, very likely TBH as my skills seem to have deserted me recently.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Well at least I'm consistent.

Another non-finisher in a Group Build. I'm rubbish sometimes. Two things finally finished this attempt;

1. The HobbyBoss E8 suspension is rubbish and the 'corrected' replacements aren't much better. Then Tamiya announce a 48th E8 Sherman. As my last attempt to correct the kit also failed I surrender.

2. I got a trapped nerve in my left shoulder (I'm left handed) which has recently started to react to the physio. Top Tip people if you get a regular pain in a joint which comes and goes go and see the Doctor sooner rather than later.

Not whining points but an illustration of the Law that says the kit will arrive just after you've struggled to build something. A public service announcement.

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear about your trapped nerve must be frustrating, just as frustrating as Tamiya's announcement.

• Like 1

All the besg eith your shoulder... shoulders seem to be a bit off a b..... sometimes.... ask me :(

Regarding the kit..... do not take it personal ;) tamiya is just hard to predict.... and good to see new armour stuff in 48th anyway!

• Thanks 1