Fokker D.VII - random choice Revell

• 2 weeks later...

I have never done anything with such a large proportion of its surface covered by decals. It's mostly done. The lozenge decals look quite impressive en-masse but the rib tapes are a bit oversize I think but I'm not going to cut them in half!

39871789661_5aa4ffdda3_h.jpg[/url]

40+ degrees is a bit warm for modelling but I have been proceeding slowly since we came back from beach holidays. More to follow.

• Like 1

The decal application is finally finished

26050075098_b39cdd260c_h.jpg

and we can get on with final assembly. Multiple sources tell me that the interplane struts are quite difficult - there is some disparity in lengths between them. we shall see......

It is pretty well finished apart from the final assembly, wheels and propeller. I have made a tail skid, repaired the missing manifold tube and touched up most of the decals and painting.

26050074218_57ec557078_h.jpg

• Like 6

Final assembly is well underway. I was prepared for the struts not to fit and made up some red-painted strut material to replace them with. I only needed a couple though.

39024353855_e85ef86a62_h.jpg

All it needs now are the final details. I might make up a little base to display it on and put it in RFI sometime next week.

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

I have to update this old but unfinished thread. The Fokker D.VII was finished in early 2018 but a recent post by someone more knowledgeable than me about WWI and Fokkers indicated the radiator was on upside down! I have fixed this (picture attached) and I will do a RFI - sometime next week above has turned out to be sometime next decade.

51756690285_0c99c96a81_h.jpg

• Like 2