Revell 1/144 AN-225 Mriya??

phantomphan92

My understanding is that the Antinov design bureau was located in Kiev but the original planes were built at a factory located in what is now Russia.  But it looks like Antinov is going forward with a deal with China to re-start production.  So a new production version of the plane appears very realistic and a US version very possible now that Boeing appears to be involved.  So your what-if is not at all far fetched.  I might even consider a FedEx version.

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/boeing-set-to-supply-parts-for-antonov-s-new-an-225-production/

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-build-monsters-sky-ukraine-company/

• Like 1

Antonov went out of business and was liquidated. Was it about a year or two ago. As always with big companies it was a group of different companies under same/similar name. Some of them, like the one operating / leasing the Ruslan’s and An-225 is still around.

I did visit both the Design Bureau and the manufacturing plant in the Ukraine about 15 years ago. Back then they still had hope for a future and the An-70 was still going strong and looking forward to great business. I think it was at Gostomel that we have seen the second An-225. It was built and stored in a hangar. Mind you it was not finished. I believe this is the example which was sold to China. 

So you could be up for some surprises from that direction!

Best regards

Gabor

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, GRIM REAPER said:

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about doing one in USAF markings. Like, what if Antonov entered into a partnership with the US, or relocated to the US. The Air Force realizing it needs a bigger transport plane to replace the C-5 due to increasing demands for more cargo. New build AN-225's built in the US with Western avionics, engines, ect. A very rough and cut theory, so don't take it as the final version of the story. Once I get a couple, I'll build one as a what if, and the other one as the actual plane.

Not so crazy my friend!:lol:. I have an idea for a stretched, R R Trent engine version - the Airbus -Antonov A450 based on the Antonov An-124. All I need is another An-124 kit!! Pity Revell has not seen fit to reissue it along with the new -225!

Allan

15 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Not so crazy my friend!:lol:. I have an idea for a stretched, R R Trent engine version - the Airbus -Antonov A450 based on the Antonov An-124. All I need is another An-124 kit!! Pity Revell has not seen fit to reissue it along with the new -225!

Allan

Funny that , I have one for sale ;) it’s up on my sale thread :D

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I think it was at Gostomel that we have seen the second An-225

From Yefim Gordon's 'Antonov's Heavy Transports' - Vol 18 in the Red Star series..... (written in 2004)

"In their plans for the future the Antonov Airlines reckon with having three An-225's in their fleet; the first step in this direction would be the completion of the second An-225 (c/n 01-02) which is still sitting in one of the factory hangars at Kiev-Svyatoshino"

IIRC, the 'third' airframe is a structural stress test specimen.

All plans to date to complete these airframes has come to naught.

Ken

PS - The An-124 was also built at the Aviastar factory at Ulyanovsk, Russia :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviastar-SP

13 hours ago, Flankerman said:

What are they going to do with it??..............turn it into a hotel? :whistle:

Ken

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

What did they do with the aircraft carrier (sold to be a hotel), what did they do with the prototype Su-33? and the list is long

Yes, I am sure they just see in it tonns of scrap metal!  B)  B)  B)  B) 

One day we will be in for a surprise!

Best regards

Gabor

Friends, you distribute untested news.

Serial An-124 was built in Kiev (Ukraine) and Ulyanovsk (Russian Federation): https://russianplanes.net/planelist/Antonov/An-124

The unfinished second copy of the An-225 is still in Kiev, at the aircraft plant and not in Gostomel or in China. Rumors about the sale of the second Mriya to China have not been confirmed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Thats going on the Christmas list...

Just wish Revell would also re-pop the AN-124 Ruslan,with this upcoming release I now regret trading mine away afew years ago

I reckon they will with the new ADB colours like that on the 225..

Here is a picture from the current model fair in Leipzig / Germany:

http://www.pmcsachsenanhalt.de/

scroll down a little bit.

The Revell shop offer the kit too:

https://www.revell.de/en/products/new-products/antonov-an-225-mrija.html

It's not cheap with 99,99 Euro, but some shops offer the kit cheaper.

modelldoc

• Like 1

A & A Models have just released a new kit of the AN-22 in the latest Antonov Design Bureau colours. I believe it is the Eastern Express kit with some new parts and of course decals! Retail price is looking to be around £65, but several online stores are offering it with 10%off if pre-ordered.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Caerbannog said:

Wow and wow. Looks stunning, the price is petrifying... For Revell that is. Wonder how many they will sell. My Buran combi seems to be a bit further away again 🙂

Price is way out of my league but, I'll bet that once the initial rush is over and people have paid premium  price for this kit it will be available with heavy discounting a few months later. I can wait!

Allan

On 07/10/2018 at 12:07, Albeback52 said:

Price is way out of my league but, I'll bet that once the initial rush is over and people have paid premium  price for this kit it will be available with heavy discounting a few months later. I can wait!

Allan

So I thought of the Imperial Star Destroyer, but saw it nowhere below 75 Euro so far. More strange the AT-AT repop. I got on of the initial release for just 13 Euro on an Amazon sale. Nuts but that release had a retail price of 45 or 49 Euro - which is the price for which you can find it discounted for now... I see it like you Allan but have no high hopes we will succeed with our plan.

I seems Revell tells me to build my stash instead of adding to the pile. From this point of view I should be grateful for their current price policy.

René

On 10/8/2018 at 2:31 PM, Caerbannog said:

So I thought of the Imperial Star Destroyer, but saw it nowhere below 75 Euro so far. More strange the AT-AT repop. I got on of the initial release for just 13 Euro on an Amazon sale. Nuts but that release had a retail price of 45 or 49 Euro - which is the price for which you can find it discounted for now... I see it like you Allan but have no high hopes we will succeed with our plan.

I seems Revell tells me to build my stash instead of adding to the pile. From this point of view I should be grateful for their current price policy.

René

Fair point Rene. Obviously not a foolproof plan!:lol:. But it does work in some cases! I recently picked up a couple of Revell 1/72 A-400 kits - down to £29.99 from £54.99. Too good to miss. As for this kit, the very high price has put me right off. 

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...