Revell 1/144 AN-225 Mriya??

phantomphan92

I got the C-5 for Christmas from the wife, found it for £75.  Started it today actually, a lot of clean up needed for such a 'modern' and expensive kit, some of the moldings on smaller parts is questionable but dry fitting the main parts looks a decent fit (at this stage at least).  I reckon with a bit of patience and work it'll finish off a nice kit.  I mention all this because I can only  imagine that a new Revell kit will be much crisper for around the same price, based on past kits of the 124 and c17 I'd guess it'll include and interior and opening doors as well.  Compared to current prices for Roden kits and minicraft kc-135s etc, I think circa £80-90 ain't bad. 

Sadly, Roden are like that...not all though... but I agree, £80-90 for a modern tool 1/144th An-225 (and some interior no doubt) is a fair price. But tbh, a subject I'd pay anything for..... really excited by this.

11 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Thick part of £90. Cue the "won't pay more than £25 for a 1:144 kit" conversations to re-surface.

Well, I'd hate to disappoint you then:wink:. I wouldn't pay more than £45-£50 for the Roden C-5 & I wouldn't pay any more than that for this kit or, any other 1/144 aeroplane. Guess I'll be going without!:whistle:. My choice, my budget! Price "reduced" to £80.99 but, still way out of my league! Maybe next Crimbo if I speak VERY nicely to my partner and get her to put it on her list!!:think:.

I make no judgement as whether or not the price is fair or reasonable - that's very much down to the individual. For me personally, it is simply not affordable at the moment - no matter how much I might want it.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

Buran: link

OV-10 and PBY-5: not new tool

V.P.

I wasn't sure and the price seemed high for straight reissues. These are fairly ancient kits (late 60s) if they are the old Revell toolings.

14 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Sadly, Roden are like that...not all though... but I agree, £80-90 for a modern tool 1/144th An-225 (and some interior no doubt) is a fair price. But tbh, a subject I'd pay anything for..... really excited by this.

The export pre-order price is 'only' £67.49. Shipping could be a killer though.

21 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

May just have to get one if true..

Could give me the push to build the Revell AN-124 Ruslan kit that been sitting in the stash for years

Be nice if they re issued the AN-124 at the same time.

If you are happy to bide your time, you'll be able to get the An-225 much cheaper. 

Wonderland, for example, are often knocking out Revell kits at ridiculously low prices a year or so after release. I picked up the Revell DC-4 for £22 at Fairford - a kit with an original release price of £50. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomprobert said:

If you are happy to bide your time, you'll be able to get the An-225 much cheaper. 

Wonderland, for example, are often knocking out Revell kits at ridiculously low prices a year or so after release. I picked up the Revell DC-4 for £22 at Fairford - a kit with an original release price of £50. 

Sound advice!! By sheer, happy coincidence, Wonderland also happens to be my local model emporium!!. I can wait!!:D. Kind of hoping Revell reissue the AN-124 as well!

Allan

• 4 weeks later...