This One's Personal: 1/32 Tiger Moth

Sabrejet

Do you still need wheels, I've most probably got some spares (and many other bits and pieces if needed). You're making an excellent job of upgrading this old kit - I have many detailed pictures of Tiger Moths from when I used to fly them at Henstridge should you need references, some are here:

I assume you're aware of the need to correct the dihedral of the lower wings in particular?

Max 

• Thanks 1

Ok, I have the whole missing sprue that you need spare so I can pop that in the post for you, PM me your address please. I can send you the notes on correcting the dihedral too.

Max 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Glad to see this one resurrected Duncan, it’s looking pretty damned good. I’m expecting 2 Silver Wings Tiger Moth kits before too long, I know they’ll be accurate because John Adams advised SW in the design phase so the Revell TM is in the past for me now! Good luck with the rest of your build, I’ll keep an eye on it. :) 

Max 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I'm going to pass on the Silver Wings Tiger (sadly because their kits are very very good) and save for the Lukgraph Dragon Rapide instead. In fact it was seeing the impending release of the Silver Wings kit that got me thinking I should finish this off quick!

Yes, the Rapide, or Dominie in my case, will be marvellous. I’ve pre-ordered mine already. Keep up the good work. :)

• Like 1

Very good to see this on the go again and your work is inspiring.  I have decided to get mine started again coincidentally as seeing others shelf of doom builds has prompted me to pick up old or stalled builds so have been doing that and my Tiggie is in the queue now.

Your cockpit is going to look absolutely amazing.

Keep up the good work

Stay safe

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Before you go too much further Duncan, have a look at a real Tiger Moth and compare the fuselage diagonal line on the rear cockpit from door hinge to the aft fuselage. Revell show it as a straight line, there’s actually a “notch” at the top which lines up with the upper door edge. 

OHC6Lt.jpg

Bl4zO4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very nice indeed. 

Far better than the rather garish multi-coloured Matchbox version I built some years past.

I skipped most of the interior work myself and just shoved the crew into the cockpit which meant you couldn't see much anyway.

I'm very interested in watching you rig out this little darlin'.

• Like 1