This One's Personal: 1/32 Tiger Moth

Sabrejet

Hi Sabrejet,

This promises to be either daunting or inspirational judging by your starting mods.

I have this one in the stash and, like you, I would like to eventually model an aeroplane that I was lucky enough to fly in.

The colour scheme for your bird is beautiful and I'm sure you'll create a superb representation in due course.

If I may I'd like to tag along to see more of your exploits?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I have had a look in  my spares and all i can find are the pilots. I will have another look, (I swear blind I have the engine. u/c legs, etc) but in the meantime, as I am going my kit  to a Fox Moth, I am can give you the following from the missing frame: control column box, both instrument panels, both leather comings, the oil tank and one of the seats. If you want I will use the bulkheads as a pattern and make replacements out of plasticard if you want

Edited by andy wood
to add another part on offer
  • Like 1

• Sabrejet changed the title to This One's Personal: 1/32 Tiger Moth

The original kit might not merit full Sow’s Ear status (perhaps only Piglet Earlobe)... but surely missing a complete sprue relegates it a division or two?  Some people might have stopped immediately (though I admit that most BM types would be up for it!)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Sabrejet 

Some great work there.  The Ips look gorgeous as does the prop. I can't wait to see this progress.  I have one of these that is stalled. It was part of the Tigermoth GBush a few years ago.  I think I will have to take it out of storage and restart it. 

Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the good work. 

All the best 

Chris 

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Courageous said:

SJ, I think that if you'd opened the sealed box and found just a seat, you'd still build it:wink:

A good start so far.:yes:

Stuart

Yes, but would it be a restoration or a replica? Great work so far.

Keith,coat in hand!

• 1 month later...

Nice to see you back in the seat SJ.

Sometimes, you can be ruthless with your plastic removal, you didn't man the guillotine in an earlier life did you?

Great work on those i/p's, miles better the kits effort.

Stuart

• Thanks 1