Desert Storm bird - Dassault Mirage F.1CR, KittyHawk 1/48

Finally finished it! Quite an awful kit which requires lots of extra work and some aftermarket goodies - Eduard PE's and Matra Magic II missiles, Master pitot tube, L'Arsenal resin Raphael SLAR pod and Colorado decals.

But in the end it's a great looking jet;)

Best regards from Czech and happy New Year to everyone.

Andrew

01_1.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

18.jpg

12.jpg

21.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

34.jpg

29.jpg

32.jpg

Edited by Exterminatus
edit
  • Like 66
  • Thanks 1

looking really great!!

a real(istic) loadout, no?!!!

did you do anything to improve the nose? looks good here!

I really like the dropped airbrakes! 

:partytime:

Edited by exdraken

You made a really splendid build! Very clean and top notch!

But I am disappointed about Kitty Hawk's research and engineering, not only the nose, Heller and Hasegawa  in 72 made much better and realistic proportions in the stone age, and they were cheap too.

I have a Trumpeter Be-6 for 80 Euro and do not know what to do with that c.... ..... and it's not the only one chinese kit with that problems...

what do you think?

16 minutes ago, replicant said:

You made a really splendid build! Very clean and top notch!

But I am disappointed about Kitty Hawk's research and engineering, not only the nose, Heller and Hasegawa  in 72 made much better and realistic proportions in the stone age, and they were cheap too.

I have a Trumpeter Be-6 for 80 Euro and do not know what to do with that c.... ..... and it's not the only one chinese kit with that problems...

what do you think?

You're absolutely right, the kit realy is a pain in the ... It took ages just to prepare the main parts for glueing, i mean all the panel lines and rivets need to be rescribed, there are lot of flash, gaps and form imperfections. The shape of the nose is odd, it needs to be sanded, the diheral angle of the wings is too big, flaps and slats are just  wrong, intakes are wrong, gear legs too long..and many more, you name it. ..Unfortunately it's the only game in town, as with most of the chinese kits :wall:

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

looking really great!!

a real(istic) loadout, no?!!!

did you do anything to improve the nose? looks good here!

I really like the dropped airbrakes! 

:partytime:

I do believe the loadout is realistic, it's the typical recon mission configuration during Desert Storm (http://dstorm.eu/pictures/nose-arts/mirage/france/33-cm_2.jpg)

Thank you all for the comments!

Andrew

• Like 2

- You have particularly well captured the desert camo of the F1 CR......the wing load is perfectly correct, two Magic for self defense, two counter mesure pod one Barracuda and one Phimat,the pointed one, two big barrels and an under belly reco pod ...