Lego Saturn V

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That wouldn't look out of place on the Isle of Sodor.   :D

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

PIC_1399.jpg

I did wonder if it was a refugee from HG Wells' "The War of the Worlds" or Stephen Baxter's "The Massacre of Mankind"

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, GordonD said:

First off, more skin panels. The red parts are clips to which the second stage will be attached - they are designed to hold it securely in place but allow it to be detached if you're demonstrating the Apollo flight profile.

Hopefully whilst making suitably rocket like "rumble and roar" noises instead of the usual Brrrrmmmmmmm noises

Excellent mini project and thanks for sharing it.

• Haha 1

Brilliant... now I know what I've got in store for me when I finally break the seal on mine.  Wasn't the creation of those wickle figures a first for Lego?  I forget the terminology used, but something like the first custom part for one of the creators' projects.  Or thereabouts.  There is some fiendishly inventive ways of using parts during the build, such as the escape tower and the floatation bladders on the CM ^_^

thomasandpercypromopic.jpg

• Like 1

Should have pointed out that the LM fits quite beautifully inside the adapter, as on the real thing:

PIC_1437.jpg

And how about this for a diorama - only three pieces!

PIC_1423.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And how about this for a diorama - only three pieces!

PIC_1423.jpg

Why do you think the Apollo programme was brought to an early close? :ninja:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why do you think the Apollo programme was brought to an early close? :ninja:

Apparently the crew of Apollo 8 (the first mission to orbit the Moon) considered reporting a large black object on the far side. They thought better of it, but Arthur C. Clarke never quite forgave them for resisting the temptation!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GordonD said:

Alongside the train set, you mean?

dont read the times today.... big article on Dick Smallbridge's programme tonight and a feature on "toy train celebrity enthusiasts" like Rod Stewart, Roger Daltrey and Neil Young with honourable mentions for Eric Clapton and Phil Collins.

Reliably informed that Daniel Craig is Lego mental. 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:23 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

That wouldn't look out of place on the Isle of Sodor.   :D

But what would its name be? Lemmy the LM (or LEM, if you remember that far back)? :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tarkas said:

But what would its name be? Lemmy the LM (or LEM, if you remember that far back)? :D

Well, there is a slight resemblance - those lumpy bits on the port side of the cabin (the right as you look at the photo)...

Lemmy.jpg

• Haha 1