1:200 Trumpeter Titanic 03713

Caerbannog

7 hours ago, One 48 said:

This has got to be the most expensive Scale Model Kit I've bought in my entire life ... I must be mad :)

Me too! That record had previously been held by the 1/72 PG Falcon, now well and truly broken. At least its the most I've paid for a 'single' kit. The price I paid for the 5 Space 1999 Eagle Transporter kits plus accessories sets, blows everything out of the water. And there's still the Pontos detail up set to buy for the Titanic. On the upside, if the floods hit here I can use the hull as a canoe! :S

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

In the 2023/24 catalogue, Trumpeter now lists a 1/200 WWI configuration RMS Olympic and a HMHS Britannic (they spelt the name wrong). To my knowledge these will be the first ever kits of the Olympic-class in post-April 1912 configuration. Revell did a 1/700 Olympic which reflected the changes to the A-deck promenade windows, but it did not have the increased complement of lifeboats added post Titanic disaster.

I did not get the 1/200 Titanic, but the thought of a 1/200 Olympic in dazzle pattern camo may be too much to resist. That and the Britannic with her gantry type lifeboat davits it’s going to be an expensive year.

75d59810b912c8fc3b1c640bb9039245d48821ec

• Like 2