As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
zebra

Zebra's 2017 - a pretty good year for me

2017 was a pretty good modelling year for me. Nine completed - nearly 10 but some decals let me down, this one will be finished in the 2018 KUTA group build - 6 Britmodeller group builds entered, just 2 on the shelf of doom.

I started the year by finishing the Modelsvit Beriev Be-12 - loved building this kit.

Be-12 5

Having developed a taste for Amodel/Modelsvit kits, and got a couple for Christmas, I moved on to the Amodel 1/72 Tu-134A, finished in the colours of the Kazakhstan Ministry of Emergency Situations. A first for me - home-made decals.

1/72 Tu-134

Next was the 1/48 Prone Position Metoer - Airfix kit with Brigade Models conversion - which I built in the Prototypes, Experimentals etc group build.

1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

Back to Russia for the next one - the Bobcat 1/48 Yak-28P Firebar. Can't wait to get my hands on the Brewer to go next to it. This one was in the 70s NATO vs Warsaw Pact group build.

Yak-28P - finished

More from Amodel next with an Antonov double build - An-24T and An-30 - in the From Russia With Love group build. I think I need an An-26 and an An-32 sitting next to these two. First was the An-24T in the colour scheme it wore at the 1967 Paris Air Show. I loved the mustard colour!

An-24T

And the An-30 in Mongolian Airlines colours - home-made decals again for this one.

An-30

Revel's little 1/144 146-200 next, using F-DCAL's Manx Airlines decals. Another GB entry - this time in the Made in Britain group build.

Manx 146

Back to Russia again for the Xuntong 1/48 Tu-2T. This one was in the Radial Engines Rock group build.

Tupolev Tu-2S Bat

Finished the year with Airfix's lovely 1/48 Walrus - I'll be building more of these. Another first for me - first time I've rigged a biplane. This one was in the Flying Boats and Floatplanes group build.

Walrus

That's it for 2017. Roll on 2018. If I finish half of what I have planned for next year it'll be another good year!