German V1 launch station (1/72 diorama by GWR)

I really like that. The V1 all ominous, sat there waiting to launch.

I love browsing this diorama section. When we were lads me and my mate used to always go on about how good dioramas are. Forty years later and I still haven't made one.

Your friend has made a cracker there, all the best, Martin

And I watched Operation Crossbow only the other day....

A great diorama.

Does anyone know if there's a kit of the piloted prototype flown by Hannah Reitsch?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

And I watched Operation Crossbow only the other day....

A great diorama.

Does anyone know if there's a kit of the piloted prototype flown by Hannah Reitsch?

Rearguards,

Badder

I wondered that,it looked similar to the 109 canopy....

• Like 1

There certainly was a piloted version in 1/72 - I have one in the loft with recovery tractor.  Try googling Fieseler Fi-103 kits rather than V-1. Nice model, I have always peaked over the gate at the launch ramp at Duxford.

• Like 1

A stunning build.

Its a real pity that Fi 103 in the Modelcollect  kit is not a better representation of the real thing. The wings were plywood over aluminium formers (no rivets or bolts) and the fuselage was surface welded (no panel lines), the nose was sharper more aerodynamic than Modelcollect the kit, the position of the wings is very suspect.  All very noticeable even in 72 scale.

When I build mine I'll replace the V1 with MACD kit.

Thomo.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

A stunning build.

Its a real pity that Fi 103 in the Modelcollect  kit is not a better representation of the real thing. The wings were plywood over aluminium formers (no rivets or bolts) and the fuselage was surface welded (no panel lines), the nose was sharper more aerodynamic than Modelcollect the kit, the position of the wings is very suspect.  All very noticeable even in 72 scale.

When I build mine I'll replace the V1 with MACD kit.

Thomo.

The wings were made from spot welded steel sheet according to the RAE report (RAE Technical Note EA 224/1) describing the remains of the first relatively intact V1 to land on the UK.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Badder said:

Heller used to do a kit of it, along with a Natter in the same box.

Natter.jpg

4 hours ago, Aeronut said:

The wings were made from spot welded steel sheet according to the RAE report (RAE Technical Note EA 224/1) describing the remains of the first relatively intact V1 to land on the UK.

Correct the very early V1s had steel sheet wings, but the vast majority of  production Fi 103's had plywood wing covering.

Thomo..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...