1/32 - Consolidated B-24D & J Liberator by Hobby Boss - released - CWS seamless turrets

Homebee

Wait. What??? Kind of seems way left field for them to release a B-24 in 1/32. One would think that HK would release one first since they already have the B-25 and the upcoming Lancaster. But excited nonetheless. Still waiting on a 1/32  A-26 Invader.:wink:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2017 at 6:42 PM, GRIM REAPER said:

Wait. What??? Kind of seems way left field for them to release a B-24 in 1/32. One would think that HK would release one first since they already have the B-25 and the upcoming Lancaster. But excited nonetheless. Still waiting on a 1/32  A-26 Invader.:wink:

There seems to be a lot of mandate spread in the chinese companies, hobbyboss were established to make easybuild stuff and hk to do outsized stuff, now hobbyboss make regular kits and outsized stuff , maybe hk's 1/32nd b-17 sold that well that the other companies are following their trend .

Box art

- ref. 83211 - Consolidated B-24J Liberator

- ref. 83212 - Consolidated B-24D Liberator

Source: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/posts/949282981896962

“Liberators” are coming! 83211 B-24J and 83212 B-24D from HobbyBoss in 1/32nd scale!

29026482_949282928563634_420190477355896

28951618_949282961896964_516274687101317

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

On 3/10/2018 at 8:16 PM, colin said:

I hope the undercarriage is strong as your going to need a lot of weight in the front of that :D

If it's like their P-61, it'll come with metal undercarriage and weight for the nose. 

4 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Not to quibble but a nicely-done 1/48th B-24 would be appreciated. The mighty Monogram kit has seen its day in the sun.

Totally agree; realistically, how many 1/32 kits will sell? Not a huge amount as even in 1/48th it requires a lot of real estate to display it. I consider myself lucky enough to live in good size housing, but struggle to find space anywhere for even the 1/48th version, let alone a display cabinet that would be required to keep the dust and prying fingers off.

of course, on the plus side if they do to these kits what they did to their 1/32nd A-6 models, a 1/48th scaledown might be on the horizon

Cheers

Les

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 6:48 AM, lesthegringo said:

Totally agree; realistically, how many 1/32 kits will sell? Not a huge amount as even in 1/48th it requires a lot of real estate to display it.

Les

Well, the HK B-17G sold out pretty quickly. Finding one now is not an easy task for a sensible amount of money. The B-24 will sell, but how many will actually get built as opposed to sitting in a stash is a different matter.

Steve

• Like 1

I'ts a very welcome addition, I'm puzzled by the box art of the 'D' variant though, I think the actual aircraft,  B-24D "WONGO WONGO" from 512 Bomb. Sqn, took part in the "tidal wave' operation -bombardment of the Ploesti refineries on Aug. 1st, 1943- but never made it actually there as it crashed en route to the target, so perhaps the box art is a little speculative ....

let's hope the speculation stays in the packaging !

Giorgos

• Haha 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, george tenediotis said:

I'ts a very welcome addition, I'm puzzled by the box art of the 'D' variant though, I think the actual aircraft,  B-24D "WONGO WONGO" from 512 Bomb. Sqn, took part in the "tidal wave' operation -bombardment of the Ploesti refineries on Aug. 1st, 1943- but never made it actually there as it crashed en route to the target, so perhaps the box art is a little speculative ....

let's hope the speculation stays in the packaging !

Giorgos

I suppose it depends on whether you want to just build a replica of a B-24D and 'Wongo Wongo' is the kit in the box, or whether you want to do a diorama of the Ploesti raid and make sure you get the right aircraft over the target.  A diorama like that might take up a fair bit of space, though.  :) 

On 12/03/2018 at 12:08 AM, Radleigh said:

If it's like their P-61, it'll come with metal undercarriage and weight for the nose. 

The weight doubles up as a bowling ball 🎳 !

Can you get Coastal Command decals in this scale ?

cheers Pat

48 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

The weight doubles up as a bowling ball 🎳 !

Can you get Coastal Command decals in this scale ?

cheers Pat

Not yet (I don't think) but I bet you'll be able too once this has been out a while..

So, that's a Squadron of Avro Lancasters and now a Squadron of Coastal Command or 100 Group Liberaters.

When do you recommend me telling the wife, that she's moving into the garage, sometime this year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tony C said:

So, that's a Squadron of Avro Lancasters and now a Squadron of Coastal Command or 100 Group Liberaters.

When do you recommend me telling the wife, that she's moving into the garage, sometime this year?

I would do it when you are away on holiday, that way she might have calmed down by the time you get home ;)

• Haha 1