MERRY X MAS

Ozzy

I was was tossing up between a desert Sherman or a firefly, not having built a desert Sherman I thought I would give this on a go. I couldn't think of a better day to start my thread.

image.jpg

Proof of life picture

image.jpg

hopefully she will look somthing like this.

image.jpg

the reference for the above picture, a really good book as it has some nice Sherman pic's.

Merry Christmas to you all taking part.:santa:

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Great idea for a build. :thumbsup: I've got this kit in the stash so I will be following with even greater interest and taking notes! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

it it was a toss up between this one or the Tasca firefly, but I chose this one it looks a nice kit in the box. I'm looking forward to bending a little brass for the various bits,  as your taking notes I will make sure to point out any fiddley bits I come across.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

I have this as well Ozzy, be good to see how it goes together.

May not do a gun tank but a 17pdr M10 'Achilles'. Pondering......

Davey.

I shall keep you posted Davey,

:popcorn: for a 17 pdr M10, as I've not built an M10 yet so will watch your build with intrest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well that makes two 😉 .. I have the Tamiya 1/48 M10 Achilles IIC. I will start the RFI tonight, so that its ready for the starting gun.

Nice one Dennis, 

the he more the merrier, it will be nice to see the 1/48 kit against the 1/35 variant that I think Davey is planning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Nice one Dennis, 

the he more the merrier, it will be nice to see the 1/48 kit against the 1/35 variant that I think Davey is planning.

That's if I get the thing finished Ozzy, the Bronco 'Bishop' from last years Mediterranean GB is still on the 'Shelf of Doom' pleading with me to finish her! 

Davey.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

That's if I get the thing finished Ozzy, the Bronco 'Bishop' from last years Mediterranean GB is still on the 'Shelf of Doom' pleading with me to finish her! 

Davey.

If you say your Bishop is less than 25% complete, you could finish it off in the MTO 2 GB in May.

18 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It's a nice kit Ozzy. I've got one 90% finished, residing as a shelf queen at the moment.

John.

Thanks for the heads up John, I'm looking forward to the build. I'm going to use some miniart figures for the crew, with a base made of sand I got during a prolonged trip to Iraq in 2007.

• Like 1

Settling in with provisions.  :popcorn:

If there's anything I can help out with, you know where I am.  :coolio:

On 28/12/2017 at 9:35 AM, DaveyGair said:

My Italeri Bishop from the same GB is in the same state.....KUTA beckons us, I guess!  :whistle:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

That's a most attractive scheme.

Thanks Nigel,

im looking forward to starting, I've not got a Desert Sherman in my collection yet.

• Like 1

just got got myself a set of these off the net, a masking set for the air recognition roundels.

image.jpg

ive been visiting relatives today, but will definitely make a start tomorrow.

• Like 4

I got some quality bench time this afternoon, got the bogies done and drilled out the holes in the front for the return rollers. I also got the hull well on its way to being finished.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

Very impressive progress Ozzy. :thumbsup: Not really started on the wheels on mine yet. Eduard/Tasca have them being done later. I may start on them soon on mine as there some heavy seam lines around each tire to be removed first.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive progress Ozzy. :thumbsup: Not really started on the wheels on mine yet. Eduard/Tasca have them being done later. I may start on them soon on mine as there some heavy seam lines around each tire to be removed first.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i really enjoyed building the bogies on my Tasca kit, I like the little foam rectangles. You could keep the seams on and say the are brand new road wheels?  I will do a bit more today then back to work tomorrow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Ozzy.

Looking good and coming along nicely. Does go together rather well doesn't it. I do like the Dragon Sherman kits B)

Regards.

Steve

They definitely do, I've had to slow myself down otherwise I'd be finished by the weekend.

Did a bit on the turret today, unlike other kits where the gun joins the turret there isn't a small lip for it to rest on. So I let the glue set a little before sticking it together.

the 50cal is from a tasca kit and won't be used on this build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8

Blimey, a  lick of od and that'll be in the gallery come the weekend ozzy, did the cupola spin around  on the 1-1, as the 50 cal mount is at the back of the tank on mine or was the 50 cal mount fitted anywhere? 

Cheers

• Like 1