MERRY X MAS

Ozzy

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very well represented the image of the photo ... which is not easy (at least for me ...),,,:popcorn:

Cheers Ozzy :yes:

Thanks Francis,

it it took a little plastic surgery to get the right bits, I'm pleased with the way it's turned out as it a pretty fair representation.

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Mrs hewy's got me on a diet, and i came down this morning to something similar to that sand, but  in a bowl for breakfast :D, nice job on the base ozzy

Thanks Glynn,

sounds appetising, :sorry:to hear that. Did Mrs hewy allow any :milk:with it? I've got a bit to do over the weekend, getting a good spread of sand over the base and finishing off the figures.

• Like 1

Mrs hewy's got me on a diet, and i came down this morning to something similar to that sand, but  in a bowl for breakfast :D,

I think that's called muesli or possibly granola,  I think they can be quite nice with a bit of milk added. :eat: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Glynn,

sounds appetising, :sorry:to hear that. Did Mrs hewy allow any :milk:with it? I've got a bit to do over the weekend, getting a good spread of sand over the base and finishing off the figures.

Ha, yes ozzy the milk was a small luxury, although she would probably preferred r me to have had tepid water instead :D

• Haha 2

Almost finished, I've just got to weather the tank put some bunting up and she's pretty much done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Very nice ozzy, cool scene, probably the closest they came to a Christmas party for a good while 

Thanks Glynn,

hopefully they had something more substantial than your muesli for Christmas lunch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That's looking superb Ozzy - the base looks great too! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

its all coming together nicely, Ive got a week to pop the finishing touches to her.

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Superb build fella, really looking the part.....The whole scene is just great!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Sarge,

ive got some desert pigments to do some weathering tomorrow, I will get the bunting sorted too then pop her in the gallery.

Finished her off this morning, I found a bit of wire to hang the bunting off. I think I've replaced the reference  photo well?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Superb.....A merry Christmas to you too!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Sarge,

and a merry Christmas to you too :party:, thanks for suggesting this as a GB. It's been really enjoyable, 

Hi Ozzy. Well you have really managed to capture the atmosphere of the photo beautifully! Great job! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent build and Excellent Sherman :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Well you have really managed to capture the atmosphere of the photo beautifully! Great job! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for your words of encouragement thought out Guys,

i was going to do a firefly, but then couldn't resist starting this GB on Christmas Day with a tank with Merry Christmas on the side. It's pushed me to do a bit of soldering, and my first 8th Army vehicle.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Great work Ozzy, a well presented scene and good work on the figures.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

I'm glad I found the time to complete this one, as its my first desert build.

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Great result Ozzy!! The B&W photo looks particularly convincing!! :clap:

Thanks Nigel,

I'm really pleased with the way it's all turned out, it's been a nice excuse to build a desert Sherman.

• Like 1