New 1/72 PZL P.11c from Arma Hobby in 2018

Botan

Ouch! Those panel lines, especially on the wing look a bit tragic. I thought the underwing of a P.11 had very slightly raised battens along the ribs rather than recessed panel lines. Can't see much in the way of panel lines on the fuselage either!

pzl11_02.jpg

I suppose it's fixable, but.... grrrrr!

Edited by Killingholme

44 minutes ago, Killingholme said:

............. I thought the underwing of a P.11 had very slightly raised battens along the ribs rather than recessed panel lines. ........

Here are the slightly raised battens along the ribs:

ah-70015-ramka-04.jpg 

Edited by Wojtek2

My note concerned only the battens.

The panel lines indeed are not particularly delicate (although some would say they are well defined :)), however - keeping in mind the enlargement of the photo - they are far from horrible imho.

Edited by Wojtek2

Thank you for your comments regarding the PZL P.11c model of our company. They show how much you care about the quality of the models that we produce. We also pay very much attention to the panel lines thickness. They are essential for the appearance of the model, especially when using the latest painting and weathering techniques.

It seems to me that criticising the thickness of the panel lines of this model may be associated with a particular illusion resulting from high magnification. Minute waves of corrugated sheet produce an optical illusion that the sheet panel lines are too thick. In fact, they are comparable to the "long run" models available on the market. I present a picture comparing the test shot of the P.11c kit with the excellent new P-40 model from the Czech producer. Perhaps this will explain the doubts.

Sorry for cell phone photo. I would try to post better one soon.

P40vsP11c-web.jpg

photo by Marcin Ciepierski

Edited by Wojtek Bulhak
  • Like 2

Hi Wojtek,

thank you for these photos. Fuselage really looks nice, but what concerns me is the wing. However, I may be wrong.

Taking the opportunity of having you here, let me steal the topic and ask something about wing surface on your P.7.

I noticed some irregularities on the wing corrugated surface. When looked under magnifying glass I can see that in those places corrugated lines are not going all the way.

Please see the attached photos with such areas marked with red circles. I would like to ask if these unfinished lines are intentional because they were on the real plane or are they tooling mistakes? The only purpose I am asking this is to know if I should correct them or leave as they are?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rO1LA8nz75I4iYxCxIg3GtAH8ogw8VE2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PeFvaRNehHiq5Ftgkp2_txsyAvMe0sZQ

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi MarkoZG

They are tooling errors where the surface of the wing is bent in P.7a kit. Just cutter could not reach the surface here. It is why we changed technology in P.11c.
I would leave it. In real aeroplane also corrugated panel was bent or flattened in such places.

• Like 1

The panel lines on the original airplane were quite well visible (depending on the angle, light conditions and general photo quality of course).
Please look at this high quality photo:
himek-07.jpg

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of my quick built PZL P.11c Junior Set from test shots. It took three days to finish out of the box without any superdetailing. Paints are Hataka lacquers.

Model is already on sale, deliveries starts on Monday 16th July.

Any questions and comments are welcome.

ah-70016-model-foto-005.jpgah-70016-model-foto-014.jpgah-70016-model-foto-002.jpgah-70016-model-foto-015.jpg

• Like 7

The blisters under wings are not correct. There were no right and left handed machine guns. That is the cartridges were ejected on the same side on each machine gun so the blisters were identical not mirror images as on the model. If you do not know what I mean look at the walk around photos of the P11 in the museum.

If you are desperate for a Rumanian version then the Azur kit has two Rumanian machines. Maybe you can scrounge some unused decals from someone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 303sqn said:

The blisters under wings are not correct. There were no right and left handed machine guns. That is the cartridges were ejected on the same side on each machine gun so the blisters were identical not mirror images as on the model.

You are right, the holes in the blisters should not be mirrored. Unfortunately we did not notice it in production process. Thank you for pointing it!
There is also another little mistake we made in design - one panel on each wing root on the top wing surface should be smooth instead of corrugated. Fortunately sanding this is very easy and takes less than minute.
To be honest, PZL P.11c is very complex airplane (those corrugated surfaces...) and still not fully researched (only one example exists, and not fully complete) so design of the kit was very difficult process. Still we are quite proud of the result!

• Like 2

That looks very nice.

The mistake should be easy to fix.

Never understand why people complain about the panel lines when they add  black wash on them which makes the panel lines even bigger. In my eyes the wash just makes them over scale. More Artistic than accurate but all models are not 100% accurate and I defiantly can't make a kit 100% perfect. 

To each there own I guess.

Thanks for another excellent 1/72 model.  Poland if I remember correctly never had these but 1/72 needs a new Nieuport 11/16 hint, hint : )

Rick Peck

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

New boxing announced - ref. 70017 - PZL P.11c "Kresy"

http://www.armahobby.com/70017-pzl-p-11c-kresy-model-kit-1-72.html

New kits from Arma Hobby, May 2019

16-05-2019

May new releases from Arma Hobby are PZL P.11c Kresy - a new box in the Model Kit series with decals for the Borderlands (“Kresy”) squadrons. The model will be available at the end of May. We will start accepting orders in the coming days.

The release of the new P.11 supported by a promotion for plastic sprues for this model. In the set, you will also find a small photo-etched fret from the Junior Series / Model Kit. You can choose Techmod decals for markings. Do not miss the deal packages (you can find them at the bottom of the product page).

big-ah-70017-web.jpg

big_ah-70017-decal.jpg?lm=1557996049

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is the third boxing of the Arma Hobby PZL P.11c and none of the three has a decal option to build a Romanian machine. There were 35 Polish PZL P.11c that took refuge in Romania in 1939 and 32 of these were put into service (3 were used for spare parts and later on another 2 had the same fate). Some (later on, all) were used for training, but in the early stage of the Barbarossa campaign they were used for combat, alongside the Romanian produced PZL P.11f. To my knowledge, there are no aftermarket decals for Romanian PZL P.11c either so perhaps Arma Hobby might consider a new boxing to cover the P.11c in Romanian service too. After all, since the "Kresy" release above is dedicated to the Borderlands squadrons and Poland bordered Romania in WW2 Arma Hobby just needs to cross that border.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fin said:

This is the third boxing of the Arma Hobby PZL P.11c and none of the three has a decal option to build a Romanian machine. There were 35 Polish PZL P.11c that took refuge in Romania in 1939 and 32 of these were put into service (3 were used for spare parts and later on another 2 had the same fate). Some (later on, all) were used for training, but in the early stage of the Barbarossa campaign they were used for combat, alongside the Romanian produced PZL P.11f. To my knowledge, there are no aftermarket decals for Romanian PZL P.11c either so perhaps Arma Hobby might consider a new boxing to cover the P.11c in Romanian service too. After all, since the "Kresy" release above is dedicated to the Borderlands squadrons and Poland bordered Romania in WW2 Arma Hobby just needs to cross that border.

Good idea, but if you need it immediately you can buy this kit by Mitercraft

1189_rd.jpg 

and use only decals to Arma Hobby kit.

The Mistercraft kit is so cheep (in Poland ~ 2 pounds) , that aftermarket decals of any producer would be more expencieve. 

Cheers

J-W

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Good idea, but if you need it immediately you can buy this kit by Mitercraft

and use only decals to Arma Hobby kit.

The Mistercraft kit is so cheep (in Poland ~ 2 pounds) , that aftermarket decals of any producer would be more expencieve. 

Cheers

J-W

I have the same problem with Indian TS-11, and the same solution, but can really be Mistercraft be trusted with accuracy of decals?

1 hour ago, Botan said:

I have the same problem with Indian TS-11, and the same solution, but can really be Mistercraft be trusted with accuracy of decals?

Who knows, but I have not cought them on big mistatek yet. But if so, then maybe  one can belive Techmod but use some Romanian  decals from drawer, since Techmod is doing only in 1/48 this set AFAIR:

TM48090_1.jpg?t=

wpx_0a22f1fb2c9ba2ab4772c5b105731be5.jpg

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1