Canadair Mk 6 Golden Hawks

Plumbum

13 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Are there two 1/72 Hasegawa Sabres? 

Not as far as I know!! But beware, the Hase 1/72 F-86  Sabres have the longer span wings and slats represented!! It was once issued in a FROG box with West German AF and RAAF decals. Completely wrong for an Aussie one. 

AllI have left of mine is the canopy which can be adapted to fit the Airfix one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Definitely on the Hasegawa kit.

Nice build, I got No complaints on that one.

So sorry, Sabre -guys!!

Just came across the Box - that I'm keeping something else in for now......

IT'S THE ACADEMY F86E "EL DIABLO" KIT I BUILT!!

Sorry for the bad steer there.

Nice kit, good fun, but not Hasegawa 

IMG_20170821_234906

Rob the Confused.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul J said:

......... the Hase 1/72 F-86  Sabres have the longer span wings and slats represented!!

Cheers, Paul.

I think I will start a notebook on Sabre kits and all the different options :unsure:

Hi Smudge,

I'll be honest, I only know of the old Hasegawa kit, which certainly didn't have slats. This is new to me! Like you I've always stuck rigidly to Fujimi, which are great despite the slats and airbrake issue. I still have one in the pile awaiting my time and an application of Ethiopian colours ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

6 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

So sorry, Sabre -guys!!

Just came across the Box - that I'm keeping something else in for now......

IT'S THE ACADEMY F86E "EL DIABLO" KIT I BUILT!!

Sorry for the bad steer there.

Nice kit, good fun, but not Hasegawa 

Ah ha! That makes sense!!!! And the Academy is (I think) the HC mould..... Open to being corrected, of course!

Martin

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah ha! That makes sense!!!! And the Academy is (I think) the HC mould..... Open to being corrected, of course!

Martin

I believe the Academy kit is the HC mould with several parts re jigged such as the u/c parts cockpit and raised rivet under the fuselage center section representing wing mounting or something. I have pics if any one is interested  showing the differences. But basically the main sprue with all the smaller parts are identical except the changes mentioned, ACA also boxed the HC Banshee but I don't know for sure if they changed much.

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Smudge,

I'll be honest, I only know of the old Hasegawa kit, which certainly didn't have slats. This is new to me! Like you I've always stuck rigidly to Fujimi, which are great despite the slats and airbrake issue. I still have one in the pile awaiting my time and an application of Ethiopian colours ;)

Martin

The leading edge of the wing looked to me as having slats as far as I recall.... its been a VERRRYYYY long time since I have seen one....!

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

The leading edge of the wing looked to me as having slats as far as I recall.... its been a VERRRYYYY long time since I have seen one....!

Hope this works, there is one on ebay at present with a photo of the sprues etc. Just grand for a wee bit nostalgia, anyway hope the link works OK.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-JS-015-Hasegawa-1-72-North-American-Rockwell-F-86F-Sabre-Model-Kit/222811806807?epid=1105571042

Peter

24 minutes ago, Blackfordhibby said:

Hope this works, there is one on ebay at present with a photo of the sprues etc. Just grand for a wee bit nostalgia, anyway hope the link works OK.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-JS-015-Hasegawa-1-72-North-American-Rockwell-F-86F-Sabre-Model-Kit/222811806807?epid=1105571042

Peter

Well.Scrolling and enlarging the sprue image it certain looks like its got slats though not as separate parts. Though it did. And definitely the longer wings. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, Johnv said:

I guess I can flip a coin, I've seen both style fins on GH Mk6 drop tanks.

Looks like 2 different pylon shapes too. Either that or it's on different

stations? 100 and 200 gallon tanks?---John

5Nm3a6r.jpg

6K049P7.jpg

realize this is a late advisory but it comes now as I am new here. Hopefully my info will prevent a build error.

The RCAF Golden Hawks only had & used the simple fin 120g drop tank as shown in the lower pix.

The upper pix showing the larger Stuka-finned tank is found on the civil registered restoration in GH colors and has been currently flying as Hawk One, etc.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, Johnv said:

Wow! Looks like the thread got hi-jacked. Adios, I am off to

another site, don't appreciate this at all.---John

Shame, I just found this thread & was enjoying it. some excellent modelling on display. As for thread drift, by page four, anything is likely, especially in the absence of further updates. Just saying.... ;)

Steve.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...