Stew Dapple's Year of Sloth 2017

Stew Dapple

I had got into the habit of finishing around 20 kits per year and considered this perfectly normal, so it was a bit of a disappointment to find myself with only 9 done and the year's end just around the corner. I know the reason, because I had quite a long period in the summer of not building anything and spending what could have otherwise been productive modelling time in the pub with my dog :) 

Anyway here's what I did finish this year, all are 1/72:

1. Hobbyboss A-10 Thunderbolt II

DSCN5860.jpg

With Authentic Decals, Eduard bombs and missiles and Colourcoats paints (ACUS03 Light Ghost Gray and ACUS40 Dark Ghost Gray) - RFI here

2. Hasegawa Brewster F2A-3 Buffalo USMC

DSCN5926.jpg

Kit-supplied transfers, Squadron Vac-form canopy (centre section only), Infini Lycra thread for the r/t wire and painted in Colourcoats ACUS05 WW2 USN Light Gray  ACUS06 WW2 USN Blue Gray. RFI here

3. Hasegawa Brewster B339C Royal Netherlands East Indies Air Force

DSCN5937.jpg

The navy-type tailcone provided with the kit was replaced by a Quickboost resin one without the arrester hook and the straight pitot was replaced with a 'cranked' one from an Airfix P-40b. Colours used were ACUS20 Dark Green, ACUS19 Green Olive Drab (Vietnam) to represent the 'Jungblad' and 'Ouldblad' colours used on RNEIAF Buffaloes, with Alclad Semi-Matt Aluminium to represent the (painted) Aluminium undersides. Transfers were from the Special Hobby B339C/D "Dutch & Japanese" kit. RFI here

4. Tamiya De Havilland Mosquito NF Mk.II

DSCN6110.jpg

Built as provided by Tamiya with the exception of the AI dipoles in the wings which I replaced with Albion Alloys brass. Finished in Colourcoats ACRN17 Night. Built for the De Havilland Group Build, gallery pics here

5. Tamiya De Havilland Mosquito PR.IV

DSCN6078.jpg

Again, as provided by Tamiya, finished in Colourcoats ACRN14 PRU Blue. Built for the De Havilland Group Build, gallery pics here

6. Tamiya FW190D-9 "Langnasen Dora" 1/JG301

DSCN6131.jpg

Aeromaster Decals, paints used were Colourcoats RLM74 Grauviolett (ACLW14) RLM76 Lichtblau (ACLW15) and RLM83 Dunkelgrun (ACLW01). RFI pics here

7. Hasegawa Yak-3

DSCN6216.jpg

Finished with Begemot Decals and Colourcoats ACS02 AMT7 Blue, ACS11 Blue Grey and ACS12 Dark Grey. Built as part of the 'From Russia With Love' Group Build, gallery pics here

8. Hasegawa Yak-3

DSCN6225.jpg

As with the Yak above, finished with Begemot Decals and Colourcoats ACS02 AMT7 Blue, ACS11 Blue Grey and ACS12 Dark Grey. Built as part of the 'From Russia With Love' Group Build, gallery pics here

9. MPM Fokker D.XXI

Dscn6364.jpg

This was built 'off-forum' to try out the new Colourcoats Dutch Air Force colours; chronologically it is not number 9, but I can't actually remember when I finished it and as I never posted it on Britmodeller I have no way of finding out until I get home and check the dates of the original pictures, which I won't do because really it doesn't matter; it was finished this year and that's what counts.

So that's me then, hopefully I will get my hindquarters in gear and have a more productive 2018...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 23

Hello Stew,

Nine beauties ! indeed !

You must teach your dog:P Do not spend too much time in the pubs ! Ah these dogs !!

I understand you, I also like to spend some time in pub when I cross the channel !

It has been nice to meet you in Telford, thank for that !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1