1/72 Hawker Tempest II Sqn 26 Zeltweg Germany 1947

TEMPESTMK5

Good evening all Tempest fans

The Hawker Tempest is one of favourite aircraft so this Gb is the perfect excuse to build the Matchbox kit I had in my stash 

I am goiing to udpdate it with a PE SET  Eduard , a Pavla  resin seat and with the  Xtradecal decals set I will represent an aircraft of the  Squadron 26 based at Zeltweg Germany in 1947
 885361Xtradecal26Sqn.jpg

Some Books

791351Doc.jpg

Eduard set and  Pavla seat
514661Photodecetsiege.jpg

I started by the seat where I added Eduard belts
  405626Siege2.jpg

I also started working on the cockpit I placed the Eduard Instrument panel I scrath built a floor I glued a stick donated by a Heller kit

353534Cockpit.jpg

Patrice

• Like 6

Great start Patrice - the Matchbox Tempest has sure proven to be a popular subject in this GB (looks like I've got plenty of competition!!)

I've always liked the postwar Tempest schemes and the 26 Sqd Silver finish will look very nice. 

I will look on with plenty of interest as your build progresses.

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Hi Patrice,

Nice work!  Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

If you've got the sanding sticks out, it may be worth having a quick go at the lip of the engine cowling.  It takes 10 minutes or less to get it to a more realistic streamlined profile; it looks a bit blunt to my eye as is.

Regards

artin

That's a great improvement on the basic kit parts there Patrice.. I'm most impressed - Now am I going to be the last one to finish my Matchbox Tempest?? 

Thankfully I'm now on a four day break, so if I can withstand the Brisbane heat and stop playing with that silly Matchbox Hunter, I just might be able to progress my Tempest F.6 a little more towards completion. 

Cheers and well modelled... Dave 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's a great improvement on the basic kit parts there Patrice.. I'm most impressed - Now am I going to be the last one to finish my Matchbox Tempest?? 

I doubt it, I've got a hold on that position. :)

Steve.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Tony

Thank you very much

Happy New Year to you and your family

Best regards

Patrice

Hello Patrice,.....credit where credit is due,...and the same to you mate,......Happy New Year to you and yours,

Cheers

Tony