28mm Napoleon's Old Guard Grenadiers

Jim Wasley

Just received these in the post on Monday so I thought I would get a start on them,give me some painting to do over the Christmas break,I was told by the seller that these are an old set of Victrix,I have spent more time cleaning up the seams and mould lines,I'm just over half way with all the figures,(60 in all)not sure that I will build everyone,but once cleaned up they look OK to me(I'm no expert) .Cheers.

tn_a3692df4-19db-46f8-b2e8-79d910d31217.tn_85c56c92-0499-40c9-a4b5-101c4d2fb978.tn_f698c0f5-f745-4317-9d70-5ce52c0ffed2.tn_536c383a-deca-4e40-8387-fa6bb8643eee.

• Like 2

You will have no problems with these figures I have done so far one box of highlanders and one box of British infantry they look great the one advantage for me is the company is not that far away from my area so I get them very quickly anyway good luck .:santa:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Homer said:

You will have no problems with these figures I have done so far one box of highlanders and one box of British infantry they look great the one advantage for me is the company is not that far away from my area so I get them very quickly anyway good luck .:santa:

Thanks Homer I am looking forward to painting them,will post some pics when finished Cheers.

8 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

They are nice figures  and will look good when painted, I did their Middle Guard figures which are basically what you have but in shako. I found the cleaning and assembling a chore but once done they took the paint nicely.

Know what you mean about the cleaning,and yes they have nice detail in the faces,as these being the older kit I was told the newer ones have improved,Cheers.

40 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Know what you mean about the cleaning,and yes they have nice detail in the faces,as these being the older kit I was told the newer ones have improved,Cheers.

My box was exactly what you got plus a set of sprues of heads in shakoes. Neither set of head is marvellous, but for me as a wargammers they work nicely.

If you happen across Warlords Late French Line or Light Infantry in greatcoats have a look at them the sculpting is really characterful. They come with four metal command figures and some of them are brilliant.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

My box was exactly what you got plus a set of sprues of heads in shakoes. Neither set of head is marvellous, but for me as a wargammers they work nicely.

If you happen across Warlords Late French Line or Light Infantry in greatcoats have a look at them the sculpting is really characterful. They come with four metal command figures and some of them are brilliant.

Thanks for that info,I may have a look for them,the figures I received only came in a plastic lock seal bag,I thought they were a knock off,so I rang the dealer and He is the one who told me about the quality,and them being an old kit,I would have liked to have seen some more backpacks with the bed rolls,I never had any shakos in my kit(would have been nice).Wargaming! I went to a local meet close to me to see if I could get some help, they were all young enough to be my grankids,only one was nice enough to give me some help,guess they thought whose this old man:D,did buy with the last kit a issue of Wargames Illustrated,did have some nice painted figures in it,Cheers thanks again for the heads up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress with this kit,have painted all the figures,finished a small dio for some and have to paint in the faces of all the rest,will put some on another dio,that I have a pic of.Cheers.Sorry the pics are not that clear my camera is just not up to that standard.

tn_49f38750-a3e4-45ee-a46c-5e8be6f61aa0.tn_568039b2-e628-45f8-ade4-8280d69178d4.tn_046463a3-5dd8-42b1-ac59-c2c820370a5e.tn_c8c6d090-de3a-4bb4-b825-eff623d84d8c.

.tn_5c512b9b-2e78-4641-9fa1-94c978fb7b9f.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...